Prince makes an appearance on the "View" again

by Quarterback 13 Replies latest jw friends

• Quarterback
    Quarterback

I always wondered about him, but it's official. A public statement about he being a JW was made.

He is also involved in providing some help to a charity work, by providing his help at three concerts in Chicago. The "Rebuilding the dream", organization, that is non political.

I wish him and them all the best as they try and help those that have been adversely affect in this recession.

• jam
    jam

Any comments from Sherry , raised as a JW.

• Quarterback
    Quarterback

I wonder about her, too. She just sits there and smiles, and flirts with him.

I remember when she made the statement about her JW upbringing. But, nothing was said negatively about it.

• crystlew123
    crystlew123

its kinda funny. the famous people who were/are "JW"...are all freaky.....

Michael Jackson

Prince

even that tennis player - williams....Serrena?

Anyway..... theyre alll loopy

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

I saw this today.

He looked like an idiot. Speaks like one too. No wonder he doesn't give many interviews - he's terrible at them.

He's past his heyday.

• RayPublisher
    RayPublisher

A few months ago I read an article in a magazine at the newstand that interviewed Larry Graham. He said some interesting things about he and his friend and fellow "JW" Prince.

I can't remember the exact quote, but it was something to the effect that they were were pursuing "non-traditional" Christianity, apart from any one group- that really got my attention when I read it.

• SophieG
    SophieG

Prince has been in for a while and has been baptized for a few years now....his lastest GF is studying.

I know that my natural creative spirit, constantly conflicted with the control in the org. I find it interesting that Prince is even in it, as he is a very naturally (sexy) expressive person for most of his life.

Sherry drives me nuts....even when I was in...I find her irritating and not funny at all.

As far as JWs Celebs being freaky, the only one that seems near normal is George Benson. Met him...he's very very nice...

• Tylinbrando
  • Christ Alone
    Christ Alone

Sherry HAS talked negatively about it in the past. Here is a small clip where she talks about the false prophecy of 1975:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R0Wv7fB688A

• talesin
    talesin

Prince's case is, to me, proof that money can't buy you happiness, and the cult can get its claws into anyone who is emotionally vulnerable and lacking family ties/support.

He had creative and financial success, but Prince was always searching for something to fill his void. A chance encounter with a beautiful young JW, he was struck, and got roped into the cult.

Sad.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit