Jehovah's victory in France!

by Kensho 16 Replies latest jw friends

• Kensho
    Kensho

Somebody please explain this to me!

Last talk of the DC today,( I know everyone has already attended by now, I just put it off as long as possible) the Bro. read letter from GB about Jah's stricking the Jaw of the Gov. of France with the verdict of the European Court finally issuing a $$$ judgement against the Gov. of France in the taxes taken from the Borg.(massive applause from R & F)

OK I get it, the borg will get their (jdubs) money back (if France abides by the decision)

The point that should have jumped out to everyone is.........wait for it............... IT TOOK 15 YEARS TO GET THIS VERDICT!

Why would Jehovah take so long to win this battle if this is his org. charged with spreading the "Good News"

wouldn't this tie up alot of time and resources that could have been used for that purpose? Wouldn't the God of the universe be able to stop this before it started.

Just saying

Kensho

• paladin
    paladin

I don't think God is directing the WT$. Stupid cult.

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

The WT actually got by on a technicality. They were illegally not paying tax for years. However they have argued that if they pay their retrospective bill they will not be able to continue functioning as a religion, therefore if France enfore the tax fine, they will inhibit freedom to worship as a Jehovah's Witness. Note they still have to now pay the tax, so they have not won!

In reality they broke the law, they owe the French public millions and they are pleading to Satans european courts of human rights for the right to NOT pay their tax bill. They seperate all the contries into different corporations, the UK is still officially called "The International Bible Students Association". The French franchise of the religion owe the tax fine and would have to shut down if they paid it according to WT!!! This despite it being closed for over a decade already and it not affecting the religious rights of the JW's in France, for they just moved the printing to the UK and Canada. Ironically the USA corporation could afford the bill in a sneeze!

It is a CHEEK to pretend they have won a long battle. They have been found to be owing Caesar. Satans system have ensured that JW's have the right to continue to worship as they wish despite this.

Pay back Caesars things to Caesar ?... Or plead poverty to Satan....

Snare

• loosie
    loosie

15 years our time is like 15 mins in jah time. dont forget the math...lol

• Kensho
    Kensho

I guess they can really spin anything, the average jdub is in la la land and not paying attention to details

They will buy anything, the same speaker thru out in the same talk the open question.. "will we have individual angels assigned over each of us during the great trib.? we can't say for sure....

then why the hell float that out there? cause they know it will send a buzz out to the R & F as some kind of "new light"

seesch it's a bummer being awake sometimes!

Kensho

• therevealer
    therevealer

Yup. I had a good laugh and said so on the first time this was posted. I would like a little more info on the "Note they still have to now pay the tax, so they have not won!" comment. What exactly is the tax involving?

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

Bible Jesus: Pay to Caesar what belongs to Caesar.

Watchtower Jesus: Fsck Caesar, I want to keep every coin I can get!

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

Actual Account:

French tax of Jehovah's Witnesses hinders rights: court

European rights judges said Thursday that France had interfered with the religious freedom of Jehovah's Witnesses in imposing a supplementary tax assessment on gifts by its faithful.

The Association of Jehovah's Witnesses claimed that the French government was trying to repress their activities by imposing in 1998 a tax assessment that amounted in total to 45 million euros ($65 million), covering the period from 1993 to 1996.

According to the most recent information submitted by the French government, the amount claimed from the Jehovah's Witnesses was more than 57.5 million euros, the European Court of Human Rights (ECHR) said in a statement.

The judges noted that the supplementary taxation "had concerned the entirety of the manual gifts received by the association... the main source of its funding."

Consequently with its operating resources cut, "it had no longer been able to guarantee to its followers the free exercise of their religion in practical terms," the court said.

"There had therefore indeed been interference in the applicant association's right to freedom of religion," it said.

Wachtower Version... jwmedia.org

France ordered to pay millions for illegal taxation of Jehovah’s Witnesses

STRASBOURG, France—The European Court of Human Rights ruled today that the government of France must pay over 4.5 million euros ($5,600,000 US approx.) for full restitution to Jehovah’s Witnesses for violating their religious freedom through illegal taxation.

Last year, on June 30, 2011, the European Court ruled that the government of France violated the rights of Jehovah’s Witnesses when it attempted to impose a retroactive 60 percent tax on all religious donations made by Jehovah’s Witnesses in France between 1993 and 1996. The Court invited the parties to resolve the matter amicably, but because the government maintained that the excessive taxation was not illegal, a friendly settlement was impossible.

In today’s decision, the government was ordered to remove “all consequences” of the tax. In addition to returning the 4,590,295 euros ($5,749,439.50 US approx.) that were confiscated at the time that the taxation was imposed, plus interest, the government is to pay the Witnesses 55,000 euros ($68,888.64 US approx.) for legal costs and expenses. It is expected that full restitution will also include removing all liens or mortgages from the facilities owned and used by the Witnesses in Louviers.

André Carbonneau, one of the attorneys for the Witnesses who worked on this case, stated: “It is hoped that this decision will encourage the French government to proceed with more restraint and caution in the future before using legal mechanisms such as taxation to restrict the religious freedom of its citizens.”

J. R. Brown, a spokesman for the Witnesses at their world headquarters in New York, commented: “Clearly, these efforts by the government of France to financially stop our Bible education work in France did not succeed. We rejoice over this development, along with our fellow believers and other citizens of France who appreciate their right to accept or reject our Christian message.”

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

Interesting how loose they can be with the truth when they are in a corner....

"The Jehovah's Witnesses movement, which claims to have more than 17 million followers worldwide with 250,000 in France, identifies itself as a Christian religion with its beliefs based solely on the Bible."

• konceptual99
    konceptual99

S&N... Maybe I'm being thick here but I don't get the detail of the technicality from the reports you posted. Perhaps it's cos it's 5 am and I've been working all night! Can you explain in a bit more detail why the wts should have been paying the tax? Many thanks!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit