Being DF'd - A Twisted Badge of Honour

by mamochan13 6 Replies latest jw friends

• mamochan13
    mamochan13

I had this funny thought tonight that my experience having been DF'd has somehow made me feel like I have more to offer in a forum like this. It's like going through DFing has allowed me to see the absolute worst this religion does. I've seen the ugliest and come out of it. I suppose in a way it has made me stronger. No crisis of faith and no family loss can equate to what I went through in those 14 months.

It made me think about how you earn badges for Girl Guides and Scouts each time you accomplish something successfully. I managed to survive being DF'd. I feel good about that, because many, many of my brothers and sisters did not.

• braincleaned
    braincleaned

I'm happy for you. Indeed many don't fare well DFed. I managed to avoid it so far (which is suprising because I'm very vocal about my atheism). I just drifted away, and kept my "inactive" status that keeps my JW family happy. So I have not gone thru the horrors of official ostracism - I say official, because of course, many friends left me and consider me an apostate. Oh well... can't make everybody happy I guess!

I may get booted after my evolution based books come out. I'm lucky to be riding on the shoulders of some great scientists and atheists. But until then, I'll stay low key...

In any case, kudos to you!!!

• jam
    jam

"IT has been my Philosophy of life that difficulties vanish

when faced boldly'. Isaac Asimou

"Misfortunes often sharpen the genius". Ovid

"A gentleman can withstand hardship, it is only the small man

who submitted to them and swept off his feet". Confucius

"Little minds are tamed and subdued by misfortune, but

great minds rise above them". Washington Irving

"Adversity introduces a man to himself". Anonymous

• King Solomon
    King Solomon

Eventually you may even come to see it AS a badge of honor, no "twisted" about it.

Fact is, it truly is a GIFT you bought for yourself, as you've earned the gift of the rest of your life spent, not chasing after a pipe dream that will never be, but a reality that is spent however the hell you wish to spend it... You still have the same finite unknown number of years left in your lifespan as before, it's just you now get to take control of how they're spent...

• cantleave
    cantleave

Being DF'd is liberating. No need to look over your shoulder. No requirement for secrecy...

Just get on with your life and move away from the cult as quickly as possible!

• 00DAD
    00DAD

Amazing how the way we view things changes how we feel about them.

The WT wants to control through fear and guilt. When you are neither afraid nor feel guilty you cannot be controlled.

• cobaltcupcake
    cobaltcupcake

df

http://scottleblog.wordpress.com

The Odd Life of Jehovah's Witnesses

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit