Why was this congregation disolved - Sunflower Cong. of Santa Ana CA

by loosie 14 Replies latest jw experiences

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

I lived for many years in SoCal. When I moved to Northern California (Sacramento area). I noticed a huge change. They were much more conservative and judgemental. I never made any friends, these people just never gave me the time of day. I was a bit too liberal even by So Cal standards, but at least I was treated nice and had friends. The Nor Cal people seemed like a bunch of hicks to me. I stuck it out for ten years like that. My meeting attendance going steadily downhill the whole time.

• steve2
    steve2

I heard that once a congregation was dissolved because the publishers were too damn boring - even the CO couldn't stay awake long enough to whip up any orchestrated outrage. In a matter of hours, he too succumbed to the pervasive tedium. Some blamed the water supply, others, the closed-nature of the publishers' minds. I blamed the general sexual unattractiveness of the publishers: Clothed or not, not much was happening to excite the flesh.

I have no way of verifying the strangest fact from this case though: Apparently, the default setting for the microphone was Level 5 (in the manufacturer's Use and Care Manual, Level 5 is sufficient to drown out the cacophony caused by a Kingdom Hall full of snorers).

Never before has the dissolving of a Kingdom Hall created such widespread soporific stillness.

• loosie
    loosie

I visited KS as a child while I lived in CA. My mom dragged me to the meeting during this vacation. (Damn phone book had the kH address listed). I met some kids there, they asked me where I was from I said CA and their eyes grew wide and they said REALLY. they were shocked that I wearing clothing I guess.

• WontLeave
    WontLeave

I hear tales of "wife swapping" a lot and I wonder if this isn't exactly the sort of JW myth that goes spreads like wildfire among the bored ninnies always in search of the next bit of juicy gossip that make up the bulk of congregations. Because "Jehovah" is blessing the efforts of "his" religion, it's unthinkable for there to be a decrease to the point a congregation can be eliminated, so there must be something more sinister afoot. Just like nobody ever leaves the JWs because they're sick of the lies and cult mentality, no congregation is ever closed down because it's redundant. Does anyone have any first-hand or solid evidence for any of these wife swapping stories? I’ve never known any JWs who were interesting enough to engage in anything so extreme.

• Cagefighter
    Cagefighter

LisaRose- I don't think it was that the NoCal congo was conservative as much as it was par for the rest of the country. Cali Jw's were not regarded as real JWs when I heard people speaking frankly. We figured Jah would knock yall out fist at armageddon by just letting the whole state fall into the ocean.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit