Let's See Your Town:

by Englishman 46 Replies latest jw friends

• cellomould
    cellomould

This is UCLA, where I spend most of my time:

"In other words, your God is the warden of a prison where the only prisoner is your God." Jose Saramago, The Gospel According to Jesus Christ

• borgfree
    borgfree

Couldn't find a picture of beautiful downtown Greenville but this is a sample of the town I live in.

http://www.visitdarkecounty.org/attractions.html

"We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home." Edward R. Murrow
  • tyydyy
    tyydyy

Some scenes from our town:

About a dozen years ago, the main downtown bridge became the summer home for a colony of 1 million or so Mexican free-tailed bats. In many places that might cause panic; in Austin it's reason to party.

The bats' dusk flights draw droves of people to the bridge and nearby riverbanks. Restaurants take reservations for bat observation decks. The city's hockey team is called the Icebats. There's a 6-foot-tall "kinetic sculpture" of a bat on a downtown traffic island that swivels like a weather vane.

"They really are kind of an unofficial mascot for the city. On a weekend night, there are 1,200-plus people at the bridge watching the bats come out," says Bob Benson, a spokesman for Bat Conservation International, a group based - where else? - in Austin.

Stevie Ray Vaughn - Statue

Bluebonnets line the roads this time of year.

TimB

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

Princess,

You and your Mom, well, you're both just something else. Nice towns and nice pictures, too.

Celia - That's not quite your current home town, eh??? I really feel there is hardly a place as beautiful as where we now live.

S4

• SEAKEN2001
    SEAKEN2001

Hey, Happy St. Patty Day to you all. Princess, tell Dad to have a pint on me. Cheers!

Sean

• Celia
    Celia
    Bob Benson, a spokesman for Bat Conservation International, a group based - where else? - in Austin.

the bats are not dumb ! they knew they would be welcomed there !

S4, My hometown, in France... well not exactly, as I grew up in a village a few km. from that town. And sorry to say, as beautiful as this place in the US can be, there's no comparison with my native mountains...

• peaceloveharmony
    peaceloveharmony

here is where i live now. my building is one south from the white roof in the center of pic

N^

here's where i grew up. my house is pretty much smack dab in the middle of this pic. see where the paved road heading n/s comes to a "t", well all those trees north of that t are torn out now. my house is west of those trees, soon it will be torn down too. progress for ya.

N^

thanks all for sharing your pics :)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit