You Know--digging a deeper hole once again...

by stocwach 11 Replies latest jw friends

• stocwach
    stocwach

C'mon, you check in once and now you won't respond?

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.asp?id=23335&site=3

By the way, if new technology developed that could immediately reveal one's true identity, would you start to sweat if the GB and elders read all your rogue, non conforming and unique views? You realize you would be disassociated if not disfellowshipped don't you? By defaut of WT doctrine you cannot deny that!

I've got a secret for you...your "apostate" just like the rest of us because of your views. Your just too stubborn or ignorant to admit it--but I'm not sure which one it is.

• herbert
    herbert

stocwach,

Good points. One additional argument which YK has heard before, and which I don't think was raised in yr thread relates to "New Light." There's nothing wrong with "New Light" if that means that, by revelation, God has directly instructed humans on some point or other. Examples include the Law and the issue of whether Gentiles were bound by aspects of the Law.

But that's quite a bit different from having teachings which (a) are claimed to be from God himself, (b) which are almost 100% wrong, and demonstrably so, and (c) which are changed every five minutes, or so it seems, to new and equally wrong teachings, usually after the original set didn't pan out. Incidentally, in presenting the new set of mad teachings as "New Light" the WTS is relying on the fact that JWs believe, and it teaches, that it speaks for God.

Here's a conundrum; when the WTS finally admits that it doesn't speak for God and that it isn't, as it states so grandiously, "God's sole channel of communication with mankind" - will that be "New Light?

What our dear old neuron-deficient Kingly Priest fails to understand is that when the WTS says what sounds like "New Light" it actually means "New Lite."

herbert

• Yadirf
    Yadirf
    By the way, if new technology developed that could immediately reveal one's true identity, would you start to sweat if the GB and elders read all your rogue, non conforming and unique views? You realize you would be disassociated if not disfellowshipped don't you? By defaut of WT doctrine you cannot deny that!

stocwach, I don't think that You Know will mind my stepping in here to set you straight.

I can assure you that what You Know says on this forum, plus a LOT that he won't say here, is definitely no secret to those at Brooklyn. I happen to know that for a fact. So he has no reason to "sweat", and no reason to be fearful of being disassociated or disfellowshipped.

I've got a secret for you...your "apostate" just like the rest of us because of your views. Your just too stubborn or ignorant to admit it--but I'm not sure which one it is.
    Once again you're mistaken. If You Know were truly an apostate like you and the others here then you and they would be calling him your friend. And for your information, although You Know does attend the meetings at the Kingdom Hall he doesn't share his "rogue, non conforming and unique views" with the friends there (because he respects the importance of not placing the peace of the Congregation at risk). Instead, he communicates those views to the proper ones in Brooklyn. They know his name and the Congregation he attends.

Yadirf,
    who really knows.

Daniel 11:35 ... a KEY prophecy that must be fulfilled before the "time of the end" gets underway.

• You Know
    You Know

Thanks Friday. Sorry that I haven't emailed you like I promised. My time has been somewhat limited recently. I haven't forgotten about you though. As for my responding to Stocwach's response to my response, to his response, well, it's going to probably be Monday before I get back to the board, and maybe not even then. / You Know

• Celtic
    Celtic

Something about the above comment just struck me as intensely funny, respects his congregation, yeah right on, you expect us to believe that?!! Get on wi ye. Hahahahaha oh my, you must think we're all born yesterday.

Cheers for the laugh You Know & Yardirf

Peace

Celtic

• Undecided
    Undecided

Hi All,

YK is a closet apostate. He's afraid to come out and say what he really thinks to those he respects because he knows they will shun him, if they don't already. He only has friends like Yadirf I would guess. He does resemble the GB though, if we consider his predictions and their fulfillment.

Ken P.

• stocwach
    stocwach

[QUOTE]Once again you're mistaken. If You Know were truly an apostate like you and the others here then you and they would be calling him your friend

LOL!!!!!!! Show me where the WT says to qualify as an "apostate", one has to be called "friend" by fellow "apostates", otherwise one is not an "apostate"!!!!!!!!!!!

Let me help you out--a textbook definition is for "apostate" is: One who has abandoned or forsaken one's religious beliefs/principles.

Since You Know clearly doesn't adhere to all JW policy/doctrine/beliefs, and is very much a renegade of sorts, you Yadirf are sadly mistaken.

Yadirf, it looks like I have to investigate your posts more thoroughly, I'm not that familiar with your position and views, but with a ridiculous comment like above I suspect your in the same boat as You Know.

• Farkel
    Farkel

: Here's a conundrum; when the WTS finally admits that it doesn't speak for God and that it isn't, as it states so grandiously, "God's sole channel of communication with mankind" - will that be "New Light?

Heh heh. No, I think the correct term for that would be "miracle!"

Farkel

• stocwach
    stocwach
    Instead, he communicates those views to the proper ones in Brooklyn. They know his name and the Congregation he attends.

Okay, I'll humor you on this. What form of communication, and with whom specifically? Who are the "proper ones"?

Surely there must have been letters sent to the GB? The GB just doesn't have an open door policy that allows you to call them up and tell them over the phone what's on your mind, now do they? Why not post a letter now and then and truly show us that Brooklyn is well aware?

I suspect that whoever You Know is communicating with back in Brooklyn are simply others who share the same rogue views, and therefore see no need for reproof within his congregation. Otherwise, if his views and the fact that he continually posts them on the internet were truly to be revealed that the GB is well aware of the situation yet has done nothing to clean the organization, do you realize what kind of implication this would have on the rank and file if it were known to the masses that the GB has just been on the sidelines doing nothing and allowing a rogue member to represent the organization is such a way????????

Even You Know said in a previous post:

[QUOTE]If they adopt beliefs that are significantly different from the beliefs and practices of the rest of the brotherhood then they bring into question whether they can continue to represent the organization.

I would say You Know definitely shares in some significantly different views! Like the one where he believes that the WT will have served it's purpose at/during/after Armageddon (I can't remember exactly which)blah blah blah.

• stocwach
    stocwach

I apologize for the format above. I guess I am typing too quickly. Hopefully you have the gist.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit