MONICA YOU ARE FULL OF CRAP

by evilchicken 11 Replies latest jw friends

• evilchicken
    evilchicken

dear Monica,

I read your post and sad to say your post is full of second hand half truths. How do I know this? Well Robert Bryant and I were very close at one time. I know his JW family and I knew the situation surrounding his being disfellowshipped. You are not worthy of an explaination in any way shape or form.
    Please leave those of us alone who knew him to grieve this loss. We are still wondering why the hell this happened. It just makes me sick how some of you here have to capitolise on anything you can to smear JWS. If you think his family hatefully shunned him you are wrong. They loved their son, brother, brother in law. Yes they were obedient to JWS laws on disfellowshipping, but they had no malice in their hearts towards him. We got the news today from his sister in law, who by the way was sobbing. Oh yes, she is a witness.
    But let me clue you in on one fact. Robert really wanted nothing to do with his family. When his sister in law wanted to see his kids, he said no way. The reason being that since, they his JW family was part of Babylon the Great, and they wouldnt listen to him, he wanted nothing to do with them. Janet his wife was not herself disfellowshipped, but dissociated herself. He was disfellowshipped for more than a mere arguement with a person in the congregation. He told a whole body of elders his spiritual views. Oh, when he was disfellowshipped by-the-way, the faithfull Jws were also put on trial. The whole situation was hard on everyone concerned.
    The moral of the story is this. Dont invent scenarios to suit your mind set. We at this time do not know why he did what he did. Till that time as more information comes out, you have no right to speculate. Did his Jws upbringing drive him to do this? Well who knows. But at this point my mind and heart are grieving for the people who died.

• Gopher
    Gopher

Yes evilchicken, this is a heart-breaking story. We have to have feelings for those affected by this tragedy.

I must say however, when I read the headline "Oregon man shoots family, kills self", subconsciously the FIRST thing I asked myself is, I wonder if he ever had anything to do with Jehovah's Witnesses. I didn't want it to be so. In fact, the Associated Press story in the Yahoo! news section omitted that fact.

But then I found out from this board that he, in fact, was at one time a JW, and my worst fears were confirmed. It seems like there is more and more of this going on, and I don't pretend to know why. I only sense that there IS a connection.

-J.R.

The preceding post was not evaluated by any mental health professionals.
    The opinions expressed are those of a fuzzy, cuddly rodent.

• Dutchie
    Dutchie

Dear Evilchicken: Please accept my heartfelt condolences on the death of your friend. If I may though, I would just like to say that it is not my intent to exploit the situation concerning the death of your dear friend, however it does seem as though the organization's views on shunning and disfellowshipping did have a negative effect on this entire family. I wish you peace.

When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That’s my religion. Abraham Lincoln

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

EvilChicken,

I'm sorry for the grief you are feeling right now. In circumstances such as these, people wonder what happened. The only real remedy for speculation is to know their story. Please don't be angry with all of us for wondering how this tragedy came to pass.

Gopher,

I heard of this story on the TV news last night (I'm in Seattle) and I had precisely the same first reaction you did - "I wonder if he was a JW?"

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

evilchicken,

My condolences to your friends and family. No body should ever have to experience this type of loss - I don't care what religion they're a part of. If you could, please let your friends know that there are concerned exJWs out here that really aren't trying to capitalize on this. But are feeling sadness and grief. Probably not to your extent or the families extent, but "apostates" still have hearts.

Take care,
    Andi

• evilchicken
    evilchicken

Thanks for your concern, I thank you very much, especially billygoat for your kind words. I am not attacking those who have left the organization of JWs. I know many of you care. But again it is one to speculate, but another thing to give any validity to that specualtion without the facts. I know this for a fact, Robert's former religious training could not have contributed to this tragedy. He came from a very close knit family. The closeness was kinda of scarey to me looking back, I used to refer to that group as the stepford family. But to me that would not make a man a killer.
    Are JWs the only ones who kill their families? Well no, but why is their religion not usually brought out as a contributing factor? To me there is a bit of hypocrisy here.
    When a person goes off the deep end, can we say for sure why? Sometimes yes. Sometimes No. But what is the point of all of this? Can we really say JWS pulled that trigger? No, Robert did. He has to take some responsibility for this. I realise that you will come to your own "conclusions" on this matter. But for me this is not at all possible. I have not had contact with him for several years now, so I could not even tell you myself what was going on with him before he died.
    I am sorry if I came off angry. I am still in a daze. But there was some inaccuracies in Monica's story that I felt had to be set straight. I was in the middle of that situation so I knew what was going on. But again I will say, Robert's family did not drive him to do this. They are a loving bunch of people, even if they are JWs. They suffered because of his actions as well. They do not deserve to be put in a bad light in any way.

• Francois
    Francois

Evilchicken

I'm with the others in expressing sympathy with you for your loss.

At the same time, I'd like to point out that Monica merely posted a newspaper article about the story in its entirety. I don't believe she posted any opinion of her own that I saw. It would seem then that your argument is with the newspaper, not Monica. It seems your response painted her with a very large brush. She apparently didn't deserve it.

Francois

NOTE TO GOVERNING BODY: You've been challenged to a debate, boys. Dont you have ANY balls?

• evilchicken
    evilchicken

Dear FRANcois,

I reread her post and you are right. She wasnt telling the story as if she was the second hand source. Sorry Monica, in my grief, I didnt see that fact. I in the last few hours have gone thru shock, sadness, anger, confusion.
    So I can now say the story in the paper was not entirely accurate in its details. But it goes to show, that one still has to be carefull of repeating details on any public forum before they have the facts. Because in a way by very act of bringing the info to this site, she kinda took responsibilty for what she posts. That is one reason why I dont respond to much of what is posted here because I am not really sure of both sides of the story. I do not want to use my emotion on any topic presented here because I could be very wrong.

• TR
    TR

evilchicken,

Just WHAT about Monica's post are you upset about? It looks to me like she just posted a news story? Did I miss something? If not, I think you owe Monica an apology. All she said was "depressing". This board is about JW stuff, that's why she posted the article.

I AM sorry that it happened.

TR

I hold it to be the inalienable right of anybody to go to hell in his own way.
    --Robert Frost, 1935

• Monica
    Monica

evilchicken,

I am very sorry for the loss of your friend. I too know what it is like to grieve the loss of close ones. I express my deepest sympathy to all those suffering from the result of this horrible tragedy.

I do take responsibility in posting the story, but am not sorry for posting it. At the same time, I am sorry it brought you distress. I think it's absurd to be angry at someone for just copying and pasting an article from a news station. I cannot and will not take responsibility for the reporter writing something that was not true. I think your anger might be more productive if you direct it at the source. This is a public and open discussion forum. News articles are posted here on a regular basis.

I did not offer any personal opinions and did not deserve your attack. Thank you for your apology though. It will be kindly accepted if you change the heading of this thread to read "KATU - you are full of crap".

In your moment of grief, you took a punch at me. If that helped you in any way, then please feel free to take a few more cyber punches at me. I know the pain.

Peace,
    Monica

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit