Why won't my friends help me?

by sleepy 13 Replies latest jw friends

• sleepy
    sleepy

It supprises me that I'm annoyed.
    I think there may be fear on their part to.
    I'm not sure if it means they weren't real friends, just that their heads have been messed with by the society.

It frustrates me that if I phone them and discuss my issues I could get disfellowshipped for spreading apostacy.So I hold back from doing so.
    This means I have never had a chance to present my side of the story.If I try to do it now it could prove conterproductive .

• Dutchie
    Dutchie

Sleepy, saying that any response to your side of the story would now be counterproductive is hitting the nail right on the head. You must realize that if you have been disfellowshipped for whatever reason, you have no side to the story. Whatever explanation you have does not count. Only the congregation and their organization count, so trying to present your side of the story to those still a part of the congregation will be casting pearls to swine. Like you indicated, it will probably also get you reported to the elders as spreading apostacy.

When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That’s my religion. Abraham Lincoln

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman

It's amazing that Yoyo can't see that following a totally evil organization has made him into an evil, hateful person. Too bad.

Tom

"The truth was obscure, too profound and too pure; to live it you had to explode." ---Bob Dylan
  • anglise
    anglise

Hi sleepy

we are in the same position as you.
    We were in the org for about 18 years, like you helped many and thought we had friends.
    Now we dont see anybody.
    We are not Da or Df.
    This is the second time we have turned our lives upside down.
    The first was in our early 20's when we left our church and joined the witnesses.

Feel free to email me.

I think yoyo is feeling peeved with the org at the moment. Most telling was the line about "the damn kingdom hall"
    We of course agree entirely with those sentiments. Will YY in the morning?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit