JW conventions

by WildTurkey 18 Replies latest jw friends

• WildTurkey
    WildTurkey

I was wondering, how did you pass the time at the circuit assemblies and District conventions? I hated those things, they are to damn long. I would walk the hall, and look for brothers to talk to. But if I saw any young brothers from my hall, I would act like I was working, so as not to set a bad example. Ok how did you pass the time?

• Angharad
    Angharad

Talent spotting

• Undecided
    Undecided

Hi,

I always volunteered and really was working. Man was I dumb.

Ken P.

• slipnslidemaster
    slipnslidemaster

Drawing. Lots and lots of drawing.

When I was older, alcohol. Lots and lots of alcohol.

oh...and talent spotting

Slipnslidemaster: "Bless your little Irish heart and every other little Irish part.

• Angharad
    Angharad

Once I'd had a baby it was a case of oh dear he's restless I'll have to walk around outside with him.

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

Funny Slipnslidemaster,
    My son would leave his seat and be gone for hours and I tried to figure where the hell he went, and well at the Sky Dome in Toronto there is a Hard Rock Cafe, and you guessed it he was up there having a few beers and watching sports and all the pretty girls. I could have crowned him one because he was drunk when he came back to his seat, I remember telling him that was not the best thing to do, I knew my son was not happy in the organization as his father was a fanatic in it and all he ever did was preach at myself and my son. Maybe I should have followed my sons lead years ago. By the way he is only 231/2 yrs old.
    Wiser than his mother who took 36 yrs to figure it out

HINDSIGHT IS 20/20
    PROCRASTINATION IS THE THIEF OF TIME!!

• Sky
    Sky

I walked around looking for new brothers to meet.
    I drew in my notebook, that I supposed to be taking notes in.
    I would write letters to people...
    I would write poems about misery, and broken hearts.
    The last convention I attended, my best friend and I stayed in her boyfriend, and his step-brother's hotel room... we had soooo much fun!
    No chaperones, no parents, and certainly, NO talk of the Bible...
    Then we would get up the next morning, all four of us, and get ready, go to the convention, like we hadn't been partying naked all night long...LOL!
    Kisses!
    Sky

Happy St. Patrick's Day
    Now go Kiss an Irishman!
    Just not MINE...

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

Ok this is wild turkey's wife, that bastard!!!!!!!!!! HEHEHEH
    I was sitting like a good wife and mother with my three bad as hell
    kids, trying not to beat the hell out of 'em while he was "Working"!!
    I have known this all along !!! Let me tell you what eles he did to pass the time: walk 2 miles to a coffee shop with another brother (both elders) , that way no one could find them!, sitting at the cemetary,hiding off in a dark back room chattting, would occasionally
    take our youngest child as bait , to get him some food from Mcdonalds
    to "quiet him down" ( coffee break from turkey and his elder friend had to tag along for support!!!!). Hummm I could go on they knew they were being watched so they had quiet an imagination. The other elders kids would be looking for their dad and my oldest son would get pissed off as to why his dad wasnt sitting down like he had too!
    I always was honest and laughed and said I guess they are at Hooters!
    By the way when I caught them in the cemetary , they both said not to worry they were not with bad association, becauce these folks are not in the world either!!!! I think I will smack him for leaving me with those bratty kids of his!!!!!!!!!!!!! Good one turkey!!!!!!!!

• JBean
    JBean

Everyone knew you just HAD to have a set of binoculars!!! I'd sit there all day and watch people across the coliseum napping, eating or whatever! : )

• Prisca
    Prisca

Dark sunglasses were the staple at an outdoor convention to nap behind. They were also good for checking out the "talent" without being too obvious!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit