My brush with the JW's

by wonderwoman77 14 Replies latest jw friends

• wonderwoman77
    wonderwoman77

Shy, I am not jumping to conclusions. I was involved in 4 cong and visited many others, in the majority of those places, I saw kids get beat and spanked for not sitting still during the meeting. Some kids were as young as 1. Do you think that is appropriate? I certianly hope not. You are right, the meetings are not all they do. But what about when they are taken in field service all day and then expected to sit through a meeting, is that right? (and yes I have seen it done). and what is the difference between a fake and a real witness? I would love to hear your definition.

• California Sunshine
    California Sunshine

WW,

Regardless what is being said to you by SG & AM, you and I know the facts here.

Fact 1,

JW kids are beat every "meeting" night and we know why!

Fact 2

You and I have both been witness (pardon the pun)to it!

Fact 3

JWs are taught that "to spare the rod" is to spoil the child!

I've been out of the borg for a long time but I remember well many a child coming back in from outside with big tears in their eyes and everyone was well aware of what they had been to. And yes some of them were just past the infant stage. Of course many in the audience were nodding their approval...that in itself makes me sick!

Jumping to conclusions?

I don't think so!

Sunny

• amccullough
    amccullough
    Fact 1,
    JW kids are beat every "meeting" night and we know why!
    Fact 2
    You and I have both been witness (pardon the pun)to it!

Wow, how can I argue with REAL FACTS? This thread is not about beating children and that was not the discussion going on between WW and myself. I do not wish to discuss whether or not spanking children is appropriate.

Fact 3
    JWs are taught that "to spare the rod" is to spoil the child!
    I believe you may need to brush up on your current JW teachings. JWs teach that the "rod" spoken of in the bible refers to the rod a shepherd uses which is used for guiding rather than beating. So the JWs do not teach that you should "spank".
  • jschwehm
    jschwehm

Actually, it was my experience when growing up that when this one elder would give a take on child rearing he would bring up the belt that he used to spank his kids. He would use that as an example of good child rearing. Spanking was encouraged in the congregation that I grew up in.

Jeff S.

• Satanus
    Satanus

WW

The couple adopting are probably doing it to make money. How much does the state pay them per kid?

SS

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit