WT U-Turn on "Great Crowd" (May 1,200...

by stevieb1 16 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

Nice work my friend!

I may just put that in an anonymous e-mail to a few people. Call it "an 'insiders' discussion on the making of the May 1, 2002 QFR".

Might just make someone think.

Very funny!

• Amazing
    Amazing

Hi Stevie1: When I posted the same thread, I looked for one like it, but missed yours. I didn't mean to hijack the thread from you. I will edit mine to refer back to yours. BTW: Are you the same person who posted this on another forum?

• stevieb1
    stevieb1

Yes Amazing, I am the same person who posted this thread. No, I do not mind you "hijacking" this thread because it certainly gives it more coverage.

I receive the Watchtower magazine prtty early on, so I will continue to bring you some of the interesting "tidbits" that the "faithful slave" class is coming out with. I have more interesting posts to follow, so watch this space.

Christian Regards

stevieb1 (Steven)

• GermanXJW
    GermanXJW

It seems to me that this New Light was introduced in 1998:

*** w98 2/1 21 The Other Sheep and the New Covenant ***
    [Box on page 21]
    Sacred Service In The Temple
    The great crowd worships with anointed Christians in the earthly courtyard of Jehovah’s great spiritual temple. (Revelation 7:14, 15; 11:2) There is no reason to conclude that they are in a separate Court of the Gentiles. When Jesus was on earth, there was a Court of the Gentiles in the temple. However, in the divinely inspired plans of Solomon’s and Ezekiel’s temples, there was no provision for a Court of the Gentiles. In Solomon’s temple, there was an outer courtyard where Israelites and proselytes, men and women, worshiped together. This is the prophetic pattern of the earthly courtyard of the spiritual temple, where John saw the great crowd rendering sacred service.
    However, only priests and Levites could enter the inner courtyard, where the great altar was situated; only priests could enter the Holy; and only the high priest could enter the Most Holy. The inner courtyard and the Holy are understood to foreshadow the unique spiritual condition of anointed Christians on earth. And the Most Holy pictures heaven itself, where anointed Christians receive immortal life along with their heavenly High Priest.—Hebrews 10:19, 20.
  • avengers
    avengers

QUESTION. How can a quote contain so many typos?

enlighten me.

• Pathofthorns
    Pathofthorns

I bet 90%+ never cared for the WT study articles dealing with the temple and how this and that forshaddowed whatever.

I'm sure many people wondered about the practical value of these interpretations as they ultimately have no impact on anything. I guess there is some value to them because they are basically saying we're here and you are there in this imaginary temple so you better listen to us.

Basically whatever new teaching they'd like to introduce, something can be conveniently bent to scripturally support it. That is the beauty of the Bible i guess.

Like JT says it doesn't matter whether Jesus died on a stake a cross or a light pole, but for some reason in WT land these things are made to be life or death issues.

Path

• GermanXJW
    GermanXJW
    QUESTION. How can a quote contain so many typos?

1st May, 2002 is not cut'n'paste from the CD-ROM.

Thankyou for the one typing. But see above: it's not too new.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit