Jehovah's Witnesses cease to exist before the year 2000

by rory-ks 11 Replies latest jw friends

• rory-ks
    rory-ks

September 1st, 2012, can be marked down in the theocratic calendar as the day the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society marched shamelessly into the 21st century. On that day, jw.org, official website of Jehovah's Witnesses, went live, and with one strike the organisation put a match to its past.

Seek out the Society's Online Library, its searchable database of publications, and you will soon see that it has only made available literature published since the year 2000. Inclusion of the generic work, Insight On The Scriptures, is of no consequence. The fact that the Society considers the Watchtower magazine to be its flagship journal and that it only needs to offer material from 2000 onwards speaks volumes. Anything and everything you need to know about the organisation has been condensed into the last decade. Whatever went before is of no consequence. If it hasn't been written about within the last ten years it is not worth knowing. Greyed out dates give evidence of a former existence, but these hang like the ashes of an unwanted life recently cremated. Quietly Jehovah's Witnesses are obliterating their past as they re-brand themselves a religion for the new millennium. It would not surprise me if the Watchtower Publications Library on CD/DVD is phased out in favour of the constantly updated online edition, thus relieving even its own membership the burden of an inconvenient past. Covering its tracks is not something new to the Society. It is a practised art. However, never before have they been quite so bold as to wipe out almost a century's worth of material.

These are the first two paragraphs of a longer work. It says enough on its own if you want to comment on it. If you would like to read the rest you can find it here: Jehovah's Witnesses cease to exist before the year 2000

• Londo111
    Londo111

I've noticed that the Daniel and Revelation books are missing...of course, they are published before 2000.

• lightreturns
    lightreturns

Oh how I wish Jehovah Witnesses would cease to exist period

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep
    I've noticed that the Daniel and Revelation books are missing...of course, they are published before 2000.

Revelation Climax was updated in 2006, so why use a 2000 cut-off date to excuse themselves from incuding it?

• finally awake
    finally awake

It must be embarrassing to have so much crazy, bullcrap filled books and magazines to deal with LOL

• crystlew123
    crystlew123

well at least my parents would be for ced to have the internet in thier house again....but then I would have to teach them how to use the internet an computer. and probably they would try to not get a new compuier but use mine.....sigh.....Its a win/lose situation

• wallsofjericho
    wallsofjericho

AND they are both out of date with "old light", or er... "former truth", or uhm.... "prior understanding" yeah that's it, prior understanding

• exwhyzee
    exwhyzee

It angers and saddens me to think of the countless hours I spent as a child studying and trying to learn what was in those now obsolete publications having been told that I needed to know our beliefs backwards and forwards if I expected to survive the great tribulation. If I'd have known more about the Societies past (Beth Sarim, failed dates, UN, etc.) I'd have never worried so much or taken it all so seriously. Young ones or new ones now won't have the opportunity via the approved JW channels to know about the true history of the organization they're about to dedicate their lives to. Thanfully it will still reside on the internet and lives on through those of us who witnessed it personally.

• blondie
    blondie

The Revelation Climax book was originally published in 1988 and updated/revised in 2006. Perhaps that is the basis of their leaving it out.

Does this mean there won't be a 2012 WT-CD offered to the rank and file?

Many religions just evolve and exist hundreds of years and on...the only one I can think of offhand that has drifted into almost non-existence are the Shakers who did not have children and increased by adopting orphans. When grown many left not wanting to be celibate. In 2009, only 5 Shakers remained.

• Refriedtruth
    Refriedtruth

The Watchtower is fond of hurling denunciations against the Catholic church for it's ancient history.

I was born Jehovah's Witness 1957 a 3rd generation there are now FIVE gens of my clan and I am the only 'apostate'.

There is NOTHING that the Watchtower can do that will make them leave the cult,and that is the same for most religious persons.

Right now they will say that the watchtower erased their past mistakes so apostates (like me) won't use it against the society.

No foolin that is what they will say!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit