Who is Jehovah

by Jaime l de Aragon 37 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Heaven
    Heaven

Right outta the Bible:

Exodus 15:3: The LORD is a warrior; Yahweh is his name! - New Living Translation

Exodus 15:3: Jehovah is a man of war: Jehovah is his name. - American Standard Version

Exodus 15:3: Jehovah is a man of war; Jehovah, his name. - Darby Bible Translation

Exodus 15:3: Yahweh is a man of war. Yahweh is his name. - World English Bible

Exodus 15:3: Jehovah is a man of battle; Jehovah is His name. - Young's Literal Translation

This Yahweh/Jehovah entity sounds like a real dick to me. I can't fathom for the life of me why anyone would want to worship a god man of war.

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

Heaven:

This Yahweh/Jehovah entity sounds like a real dick to me. I can't fathom for the life of me why anyone would want to worship a god man of war.

Absolutely. This is why believers tend to 'cherry-pick' the 'nice' things that the Bible says about God, quietly ignoring the bits about genocide, bigotry, misogyny, racism, slavery, discrimination, etc...

• *lost*
    *lost*

yes absolutely ... but you have to talk the language of the day.

paganism, spiritism, demonism, human sacrifice, wickedness ?? = gods

God the Father of Abraham / Jesus = God. capital G that is what we use to determine the One True God of The Bible andof Abraham, Jacob, Isaac, Moses, Jesus etc.

It is a differant title. So far, my self personally haven't gotten deep enough into it yet to say whether or not I believe even if there is a Holy God. So your constant nick-picking is not helping only to clog everything down in semantics.

YAWEH = GOD and or is the same as a god - a descriptive term for deities ? yes ? no ?

je-hovah = god, pagan deity ? demonologia ?wickedness/ badness/ human sacrifice ? yes ? no ?

If the wicked war mongering hating god of the bible story is je-hovah, who is proved to be a demon/pagan/mystic entity.

wouldn't it make sense.

Jeffro you cannot deny that worldwide there are many different forms of worship/religions/beliefs/stuctures. they all originated somewhere. It would do more to talk about the ancient times of where and how these stories emerged and the knock on effect.

All you are doing really is saying - I believe xyz because, well that's what I believe. your not saying why. evidence.

If you said I dont believe ayz because I discovered this really interesting ____ and I did some research and here is the information I have.evidence.

or

I don't believe xyz because I came across this study of _____ and I did some more searching and found out _____ so that is why I don't believe. evidence.

It's not about what you like, or what you believe personally. Everyone is different and has different likes, dislikes and personl preferences and

even beliefs, for whatever reason.

If someone says I believe in the True God of the bible. It si at this point in time, a far better thing to say, that's okay, your entitled to belive what you want, after all your a grown up, freedom of choice and all that.

but.

Did you actually know that e.g the term/name je-hovah is actually not what you think it /him is. Here take a look at all this evidence

from mans history over the last ____ thousands of years.

That title je-hovah doesn't actually describe or ascribe to the True God you believe in.

Did you know that name is actually steeped in mysticism/demonology/pagansim/child sacrifice etc so on and so forth.

you might want to take this information / book with you and do some research into it, you may be shocked.

These people / WE were talked into this cult under a false pretense.

These people / WE have to be talked back out with reason, logic and information.

It is the mind that is going to do it, its a gradual process, the only way the mind can do it, is by having the tools needed to do it.

Information is the tool, it is the vehicle to deliver the medicine to cure the malady

There is no LOGIC argument here. Of course logic doesn't come itno it. If it was that simple there wouldn't 7million + people captive to this cult. Over a time period of, in this particular instance, + 130 yrs.

Since the birth of Christianity + another 2000yrs.

Then another at least another + 4000 yrs

You cannot deconstruct 1000's of years of human history and culture in 60 minutes.

It is a process, it takes time, step by step, to get the information out, bit by bit in easily digested form. If the mind is bombarded, it shuts down for protection.

Gradually, bit by bit.

Here is an idea, and I am not being sassy, but. how about you started a thread, and talked about the steps of how you came to accept and believe the things you now believe / have proven to yourself, what has become your choice and why.

But adding the information you learned along the way that btought you to where you are the whole beliefs things.

just a thought, I think it would be very educational.

lost

• *lost*
    *lost*

Vid - just copying and pasting words from another source is a cop out to be honest, and lazy.

why don't you present the information yourself in discussion format. rather than blindly repeating the mainstream.

We can all go on wiki and copy and paste.

So you are either pushing what your personl belief is or your pushing someone else's information.

Your not actually saying I did research on xyz and I found out sqw.

I see copy and paste, I switch off, don't even bother reading it. Why, I think, oh well that person must be so lazy copy and pasting info, they haven't even bothered to do any proper research/fact finding. Which may mean they are also too lazy to put in the brain work and effort to disect each element and expand on it with various other constructs that make the opinion/ information what it is.

Christians preach the devil is real - the devil has a place in the history of the story of man, magic, mysticism etc... there are plenty of stories.

Heck, wt even gives us the information. So why is it such a far out thing to accept that somehow satan, corrupted the story ?

The name je-hovah apparently didn't even exist prior to the monk inventing it, or making it known. And there is spiritism involved. Denying it doesn't make it true or not just because you say ' I cdon't believ that ' it is not about beliefs, It is about Truth.

If the truth is that the name/term/title je-hovah = demon/pagan/satan/mystical, well it is what it is.

The argument here is not God,god, what word =term god, who is GOD,god. It is corruption.

When Moses asked, he WAS NOT GIVEN A NAME. He was given a description. there is a big difference.

Why does Jesus say, search and you will find, keep on seeking, keep on knocking, keep on asking. Why is there a loving benevolent Heavenly Father, Creator, GOD and then a total opposite of that same Being ?

Possibly could it be because there are two characters in this story, that need to be differentiated and seperated form each other. ?

Is that not what the whole story / theme of the Bible is ? Two major opposing forces locked in a war for the souls of man ?

Good v Evil ?

So why cannot the evil have a descriptive title to identify him as such = je-hovah.

The good benevolent Heavenly Father has no personla name, but a descriptive title. ?

He says you will know by - description - works - personality etc.

Again I repeat.

I AM not advocating one way or the other in the belief disbelief of God the creator, Heavely Father. I am saying the information has to be looked

into to find out the answers.

Are you still in the WT truth ? or have you left ?

• Vidqun
    Vidqun

vid - there is no conspiracy theory. but there is facts and hard evidence that cannot be be argued against. where is your source to back up you opinion. Believe it or not, it is what I wrote. I have already done research on these topics a long time ago, and I wrote my research down in book form. You asked for confirmation of what I am saying, and I gave it to you. Are you an idiot, or what?

• Jen2013
    Jen2013

But there is also strong evidence that Yahweh was just a volcano, as I mentioned before.

There is an interesting blog about it:

(A)

http://ohmyvolcano.blogspot.com.es/2011/11/yahweh-volcano-god.html

(B)

http://ohmyvolcano.blogspot.com.es/2011/11/list-of-biblical-verses-that-suggest.html

• *lost*
    *lost*

Heaven excellent thank you

Vid - no I am not an idiot.

you haven't quoted any source references of where you info has come from, so how can anyone look it up at source themselves ??

As it is it is just being presented as your opinion. I know it's not, I know yo have obviously previously done the work, else you wouldn't be so knowledgeable, and it's your knowledge we want.

Sorry if I offended you , it was not intentional

FACT: Tettragrammaton exists.

Dispute: who / what it applies to, what does it mean, why is there so much evidence. What is the significance.

Jen - I came across something before briefly about the volcano thing, but I skipped it as I was on the trail of something else.

• Jeffro
    Jeffro
    Jeffro you cannot deny that worldwide there are many different forms of worship/religions/beliefs/stuctures. they all originated somewhere. It would do more to talk about the ancient times of where and how these stories emerged and the knock on effect.

Of course. And I've already explained that Jehovah*/Yahweh/YHWH/YHVH/God/Allah (all different labels for the same deity of the 'Abrahamic' religions) was first 'invented' (more likely, borrowed and adapted from even earlier traditions) as a deity of Canaanite tribes and became popularised by the tribe(s) that became known as the Jews. This is in fact supported by those parts of what you have presented that can be called 'evidence', and is also the most reasonable conclusion.
    *Your improper hyphenation as 'Je-hovah' is based on a corrupted fusion of Hebrew words that are not directly related.

But your claims that 'Satan' (a concept that didn't even figure in the minds of the early tribes who first made up 'Yahweh' because Satan (capital S) as an entity is a later invention) has 'tricked' people who worship 'YHVH' (or whatever you want to call it) into 'really' worshiping 'Satan' are entirely separate from actual historical development of the terms or the ways the terms are actually used, and is nothing but an equivocation fallacy.

If I like chocolate icecream, and someone calls 'chocolate' blargle, and then someone else says blargle is 'really' strawberry, it doesn't mean I 'really' like strawberry icecream instead of chocolate.

If someone believes in God (the 'true' god, the 'creator' as taught in the Abrahamic faiths), and that person calls 'God' Jehovah (or any of the other names for the same deity), and then you come along and say that name 'really' means Satan (based on incorrect etymological relationships plus a whole extra layer of speculation to reach the conclusion), it has absolutely no bearing on which deity the person is actually worshipping, no matter how many word games you play, and no matter whether the deity actually exists.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit