Did any of you know the TATT before you left?

by marriedtoajw 23 Replies latest jw friends

• cobaltcupcake
    cobaltcupcake

I was disgusted by the pedophilia in the organization, and I knew things weren't quite right doctrinally, but I was like Irondork - thought it was (or had once been) God's organization but had disappointed him.

It wasn't until I read Crisis of Conscience that I went through the Research. Vomit. Headache. FREEDOM! stage.

http://scottleblog.wordpress.com

The Odd Life of Jehovah's Witnesses

• James Brown
    James Brown

I knew the truth about the truth before I left becuase I lived through it.

I was told the world was going to end in 1975 and 1976 came and things were the same.

The truth is the Watchtower bible and tract society are a bunch of liars.

• Fernando
    Fernando

As a 3rd generation born-in it was all I knew. I had no alternative framework to refer to - until someone asked me to explain the gospel in one word.

The gospel turned out to be an alternative framework (to the poison that is religion).

Oddly enough all my research was confined to the Watchtower library which does contain the gospel, albeit in fragments strewn amidst all the chaff and apostate legalism.

When I discussed some of this research from their own publications with the ruling religious clergy class, their hatred, fear and contempt towards the gospel was the ton of bricks that fell on me to finally and fully awaken me to TTATT. My family left that same month.

So no publications or websites other than the WBTS' own was what led us out.

No Rutherfraud. No 1914. No 1975. No Ray Franz COC or ISOCF.

Just the gospel...

• Cirkeline
    Cirkeline

No.

I was convinced that wts was the thruth, and when I DA myself I knew I had to get back to be forgiven by god. But about 1/2 year out, having the time and space to think and the distance being able to consider my believes, things started to happen. And I began reading books and internet. A lot. Then I got the knowledge that had been hidden from me, and all the questions and doubts I had suppressed during all the years being in the cult came to life, and I found real freedom.

Fantastic experience! And for me it was no problem loosing my religion. I don't need any religion, and I am absolutely confident with not having the answers to al questions. TTATT is truly liberating the mind!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit