Any suggestions for a 'quick' tour of Yellowstone National Park??

by AudeSapere 14 Replies latest jw friends

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

I know the park is HUGE and I won't have much time there, but in a couple of weeks I will have a day or a day and a half to explore this part of the country.

I will be busy at Big Sky Resort for a few days and leaving from Bozeman on Tuesday. That leaves all day Monday and possibly part of Sunday to explore.

Does anyone have any suggestions for maximizing my free time in Yellowstone?

-Aude.

• fakesmile
    fakesmile

yeah, dont catch hanta virus. happy travels:)

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

Fakesmile - Thanks for the valuable tip. That is top of my list. I think hantavirus is mostly being reported in Yosemite this year, though.

• Diest
    Diest

I like the Big Boobs National Park better...er Grand Tetons. Jenny Lake Lodge had the best breakfast I have eaver had. If you dont want to go over there I liked the gysers the most.

• Glander
    Glander

Must see Old Faithful and take a walking tour of the bubbling mud holes. There is no other place to get up close and personal with such raw and real earth activity.

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

aude, take vita logic parasite formula before you go. Google it. I buy them from Peachtree Natural Foods.

• the truth is mine
    the truth is mine

We go at least twice a year and while the southern parts of the park have some very interesting thermal areas, paint pots, hot springs and geysers, if you want fewer people, incredible landscape and abundant wildlife, the northern part is where to go. Coming from Montana puts you right there as well. If you have a day and a half you would also have time to make it to Old Faithful if you have never been there.

• PaintedToeNail
    PaintedToeNail

I agree with Glander, you can see a lot of really nice geysers, mud pots and so forth at the Old Faithful area. If you cross the main highway at Old Faithful, there are spectacularly huge steaming pools. Mammoth Hot Springs can be a definite bust, they often dry up due to seismic activity, but at other times they re-activate and are breathtaking, Mammoth is also out of the way from most areas of the park. Old Faithful area often has buffalo laying right next to the trails. Hayden Valley is wonderful if you are looking for animals. We saw a grizzly bear, a black bear, antelope, a lone wolf trying to get an antelope, elk, bison and eagles all in one day there. Hayden is called the "American Eden".

Note: If you want to see moose, keep looking in the pond and marshy areas, especially if there are young willows growing, they love young willows!

Have a great time, whatever you decide to do!

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

Tough to get a handle on what there is to see and do without ever having been there before. Great suggestions so far. Keep them coming.

Iamallcool wrote: ... take vita logic parasite formula before you go...

Oh yikes. I had not even thought of this. I guess if we go into the mud, we should be concerned. Anyone else have comments?

-Aude.

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

it is a very good idea to take some preventive measures, so heed my suggestion.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit