Sympathy for the (Devil),, I Mean Governing Body

by frankiespeakin 26 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Quendi
    Quendi

I appreciate that neither Theocratic Sedition nor smmcroberts is defending the Governing Body. Both are looking at things from the perspective those men may have. Do they believe they are really anointed and have been appointed by Jesus Christ as a spokesman for the “faithful and discreet slave”? More than likely most if not all of them do. That being the case, what can be said about their position with the God they claim they represent and serve?

As was true in the first century, I believe these same words apply to them now: “So that is why God lets an operation of error go to them, that they may get to believing the lie, in order that they all may be judged because they did not believe the truth but took pleasure in unrighteousness.” —2 Thessalonians 2:11

They still stand condemned, and should not look for pity, mercy or pardon for none will be granted. They have had thorough witness borne to them about their errors. Letters pour into the world headquarters daily about this. They get reports from circuit, district and zone overseers about what is going on outside of their ivory tower. Despite all this information, they deliberately choose to ignore the results of their actions and decisions. If they believe they are of the anointed, it is because they have chosen to “not believe the truth” when it has been demonstrated to them.

Quendi

• smmcroberts
    smmcroberts

Quendi,

That seems a valid conclusion from the Bible, but I don't believe in the Bible or its un-empathetic god.

It may be foolish, but my human heart still holds empathy for these deluded men, though not to the same extent as it does for the millions they mislead.

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

There is a huge pile of evidence that the leaders in this corporation KNOW that it is a scam.

It is the literature.

Article after article is published that is craftily written in a manner that can be interpreted ambiguously so when trouble comes up they have some lattitude to claim deniability. If these were men who really believed what they were teaching, their articles would be unambiguous about what they teach. It might be nonsensical, and have poor scholarship, but they would make unabiguous claims that you could pin down on them.

They don't.

Their selective misquotes and their assertions are very carefully crafted, almost as if written by lawyers and PR spokesholes.

• ziddina
    ziddina

What KurtBethel said...

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Well I see most are not in favor of having sympathy, and perfectly understandable in your reasoning. I think I maybe taking back some of my projections of the GB at the moment I don't know it is hard to tell, well certainly not all of them but some.

I'm feeling they the GB are very much a victim as we were,, we all had wrong judgement in the past just like they did and both still do. So in that sense I a sinner past present and future can have sympathy for what it's worth I don't know or can put a value on.

• Emery
    Emery

These guys live like kings and rockstars. For them to be honest or humble they would lose that status and comfort. I don't have sympathy for people who live in arrogance and ignorance.

• NeverKnew
    NeverKnew

I've been in the legal field for almost 20 years. I believe Kurtbethel is absolutely right. Even though the articles are written at an elementary level, they are very cleverly crafted. Articles from years ago appear to have been more reckless.

I suspect sites like these heavily influence content decisions.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit