Lady Gaga and an Ex JW

by Christ Alone 23 Replies latest social entertainment

• steve2
    steve2
    I thought it was a small but effective display that shows others the intensity of JW belief, even to the point of choosing the Watchtower and their appearance in it over their children.

Agreed. It sure does. I don't know what it would be like to choose a religion over one's own children.

On the other hand, imagine the huge sense of empowerment this young man may already be experiencing from coming this far in his life even without parental approval and support. Wow - that's significant.

Sure, I wouldn't wish him to go through this sort of experience just to become stronger - but given that he is going through this experience, what a shame not to learn valuable lessons about self-reliance and self-compassion rather than his 'creating' a story of deprivation and victimhood. Give me muscle over moaning anyday.

• ThisFellowCheap
    ThisFellowCheap

Similar story here too. I'm a very talented writer, but did not pursue my dreams because my parents would love me being a Bethelite, and were afraid that stardom would make me leave Jehovah. Well, I didn't make the Bethel cut, and stardom didn't make me leave Jehovah, I got DFed for brazen conduct. Come to think of it, maybe he left me so stardom can find it! Well, my own mum somewhat sombered up and is helping me get my writing career back on track, but sometimes it seem too little too late. But one thing I am sure of, when I do publish, she's definitely gonna be there! Can't say same about my Pa tho'- ex-Bethelite, AHC member, coordinator, blah blah blah... He wept more than my Mum when I got DFed, but the more was because he was also weeping for his status and she was weeping out of pure concern!

Wrote this on my Facebook wall one Sunday while listening to Whitney Houston:

Today I visited my word-wells;

Words to express,

That which in my heart swells,

Tearing my one and every cells!

So I sought my pen,

But my eggs laid my hen;

Yet I must suppress

Every now and then!

What is this thing?

This fellowship of the King;

It would depress-

Solace from the dead girl of Houston!

For I have the "Greatest Love of All", (this song aptly describes me)

And my Facebook wall,

For me to express

Myself, when I fall!

• ThisFellowCheap
    ThisFellowCheap

Similar story here too. I'm a very talented writer, but did not pursue my dreams because my parents would love me being a Bethelite, and were afraid that stardom would make me leave Jehovah. Well, I didn't make the Bethel cut, and stardom didn't make me leave Jehovah, I got DFed for brazen conduct. Come to think of it, maybe he left me so stardom can find it! Well, my own mum somewhat sombered up and is helping me get my writing career back on track, but sometimes it seem too little too late. But one thing I am sure of, when I do publish, she's definitely gonna be there! Can't say same about my Pa tho'- ex-Bethelite, AHC member, coordinator, blah blah blah... He wept more than my Mum when I got DFed, but the more was because he was also weeping for his status and she was weeping out of pure concern!

Wrote this on my Facebook wall one Sunday while listening to Whitney Houston:

Today I visited my word-wells;

Words to express,

That which in my heart swells,

Tearing my one and every cells!

So I sought my pen,

But my eggs laid my hen;

Yet I must suppress

Every now and then!

What is this thing?

This fellowship of the King;

It would depress-

Solace from the dead girl of Houston!

For I have the "Greatest Love of All", (this song aptly describes me)

And my Facebook wall,

For me to express

Myself, when I fall!

• shopaholic
    shopaholic

Turns out that the life coach they had him work with on the show came from a JW family. Don't know if they planned it that way or not but it was cool that it was someone that could actually relate to his inner conflict.

Opening Act - Life lessons

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit