The "new" scrolls are abandoned - No explanation given!

by The Searcher 13 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

I do not see any change either -

WT 2009 3/15 p12

"God’s Word also says that “scrolls [will be] opened,” indicating that those living at that time will be given new information. (Rev. 20:12) As the earth is transformed into a paradise, “righteousness is what the inhabitants of the productive land will certainly learn.”—Isa. 26:9.

9 The resurrected ones will be judged, not on the basis of sin inherited from Adam, but by what they themselves choose to do. Revelation 20:12 says: “The dead were judged out of those things written in the scrolls according to their deeds,” that is, their deeds following their resurrection. What a marvelous example of Jehovah’s justice, mercy, and love!"

In this article the word "new" is omitted, but it is a very brief comment. It does not say that they are not new scrolls, and they are to be revealed in the future

I think it is just sloppy writing, not a deliberate change.

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

@ BluesBrother

I appreciate that some among us may take your view, but my point is this - the omission of the word "new" is ample justification for ones such as myself to tactfully show that the "latest"reference about the "scrolls", harmonises beautifully and correctly, with the Scripture - they don't exist in writing or in explanation.

It now leaves no wriggle room for those who have been drip-fed this absurd and spurious teaching!!

"Test the inspired expressions".

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

I don't know if this brings it more in line with what the bible teaches, because it is not a concern of mine. But I will say that reading that was kind of awkward--like it made me kind of trip because of all the emphasis they used to put on new scrolls. They got pretty excited about them when we studied the Revelation book 27 times, and I remember speakers would always emphasize the new when they gave talks. So it read weird to me, and I probably would have noticed it if I had read it.

Does this mean they are abandoning the notion? I don't know. I only know it looks unusual to me.

• stapler99
    stapler99

I'd never thought about this before, but you're right - according to JW teaching, the ransom doesn't apply to the resurrected!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit