Fear of discussing doubts

by KingAgag 22 Replies latest jw experiences

• will-be-apostate
    will-be-apostate

Ziddina, I don`t get it but nevermind. It is still morning here in eastern europe. :D

I am not having any visions nor feeling cold wind pushing my back. But still dont understand how that video is related to my response.

• ziddina
    ziddina

will-be-apostate, it was just for your enjoyment - and because it is totally off-the-wall from the typical JW's frame of reference [pagan, happy, fun, a little primitive], I thought it might be a nice change of pace for you.

Other than that, it is totally off-topic

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

The fear induced cognitive thinking, which many people experience when inside of religious cults, has been intensionally

created as a deterrent to lose support from the people serving the organization or its leaders, the word brainwashing could be loosely applied here.

Its part of the mind controlling process that the JWS and others (cult) Religious organizations are formatively structured around.

The WTS publishing house has created a typically designed organization, which says they are being guided by god and are selectively chosen

by him to do the work of spreading the gospel, in reality the WTS. is spreading their adulterated and commercialized version of the Gospel

as a means to proliferate its own published works.

Here's a brief video in how the WTS/JWS as an organization is structured and how it retains its deceivingly coerced followers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JCE2-Cq4EvU&feature=related

• ziddina
    ziddina

Excellent video, Finkelstein...

I was occasionally following that "contest" on YouTube - I'd say this one's a winner!!

• NeverKnew
    NeverKnew

The narrator in the video above talked about "putting on the new personality." My JW friend just used that phrase with respect to his post-baptism "positive" changes and gave me the corresponding scripture! I can't believe the GB would be that bold to use terms that could contribute to an awakening if informed about cult practices and new identities.

He HAD had problems with the law in the past and said that he NEEDED a new personality. I asked if his changes could be attributed to maturity and he said no. :(

This conversation happened last weekend immediately following the Sunday meeting. *sigh*

I hate those meetings and I'm not even in them.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

I asked if his changes could be attributed to maturity and he said no. :(

The reality is that may actually be the Truth, for as we age we both mature intellectually as well emotionally.

Religions like the JWS gain converts as well lose adherents by virtue of their many controlling factions.

What might at first seem appealing, might later on appear overtly oppressive and burdensome to the individual.

• 00DAD
    00DAD

This is one of their most powerful controlling tactics: Make people afraid of one another, afraid to share doubts with even those closest to them. It is a very carefully climate of fear.

It divides and separates. Then the psychological violence goes even further, they deliberately make individuals feel guilty for having "secret doubts".

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Fear and guilt are some the main ingredients of any organized cult.

Add carefully and selectively controlled information as to only support the organization

and you have an organization of mind controlled drones who aren't capable of thinking for themselves,

for the cult enforces these people to succumb and concede their thinking for them.

Thats why man made cults can become very dangerous when they are lead by crazed power obsessed men.

• maccauk11
    maccauk11

i never get the shunning thing. Lif eis hard and sometimes we give up, have doubts about ouselves and others, sometimes we are hurting, sometimes we just want a rest form everytihng . SO where is the love, where is the 7 x 77 forgiveness and the putting up with each others weaknesses. This is where the fruits are not on display or cultivated. WHen are they going to realise.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

A close friend that I feel strongly that I can trust, said he first expressed some doubts to one of his closest friends who was a former Bethelite, assuming he would be able to help convince him. Instead the Bethelite friend spoke to dozens of their mutual friends to warn them that he had apostate ideas and was not good association.

With friends like that . . . . .

Be very cautious about what you say and to whom you say it, if you are not yet prepared for the sh*t to hit the fan.

Doc

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit