The POSTCARD thread. Please get involved. :)

by nicolaou 26 Replies latest members private

• Sparlock
    Sparlock

They were the generation of 1914. They waited in vain for a promise never fulfilled. They were told that they would be among the "millions now living that will never die". Where are they now? They are all dead!!

• oldlightnewshite
    oldlightnewshite

Deuteronomy 18:22

When the prophet speaks in the name of Jehovah and the word does not occur or come true, that is the word that Jehovah did not speak

Oh, and Wish you were here....

(it is a postcard, after all)

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

For decades the Awake! magazine declared "the Creator’s promise of a peaceful and secure new world before the generation that saw the events of 1914 passes away."

Yet that generation has now passed away. Did the Creator break his promise? Or did the Watchtower society falsely speak in his name? Either way the prediction failed. The Watchtower has never apologised for this false prediction or the effect it had on people's lives who gave up education, careers, marriage prospects, the opportunity to have children, and funding for retirement because they believed the promise. In fact the Watchtower still claims the end of the system is near based on a new "overlapping generation" theory. Given their track record do they deserve your trust?

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

748 characters - not bad

• Nambo
    Nambo

" Truly I tell you, this generation will certainly not pass away until all these things have happened." Said Jesus.

Either Jesus is a liar, or the Watchtower is wrong about 1914

Which would you rather belive?

• Diest
    Diest

I like nambos

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

I know you are happy to serve Jehovah until you die but will your children feel the same way ...... your grandchildren?

• irondork
    irondork

tag

• BlindersOff1
    BlindersOff1

I'm in

• MC RubberMallet
    MC RubberMallet

Rutherford, while being "influenced" by Holy Spirit, left no doubt that millions living in 1914 assuredly would not pass away. That was an integral teaching and motivation of the organization since 1922. Well, millions have passed away. How could the Holy Spirit's influence be wrong? Why would Jesus allow the organization he had just chosen, to be led on a false premise? Oh, Rutherford was imperfect? So is Harold Camping. Could Harold Camping possible be led by Jehovah?

or

Rutherford, while being "influenced" by Holy Spirit, left no doubt that millions living in 1914 assuredly would not pass away. That was an integral teaching and motivation of the organization since 1922. Well, millions have passed away. How could the Holy Spirit's influence be wrong? Why would Jesus allow the organization he had just chosen, to be led on a false premise? Oh, Rutherford was imperfect? So were ALL Bible writers and other recorded ones Jehovah used. Have any of them ever got the leadings of the Holy Spirit wrong, according to God's Word? Or is not the Holy Spirit powerful enough to trump human mistakes?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit