"Doomsday May Not Be What You Think" Actually, it's worse...

by undercover 20 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• sd-7
    sd-7

With a steep reduction in human population, far less effort will be required to rebuild and maintain any infrastructure needed. It may be that we will have to go without modern amenities for a time, but any discomfort some may experience will be far outweighed by the joy of living in a Paradise earth. We can sure that Jehovah will provide for every proper desire we have in his due time.

--sd-7

• blondie
  • sd-7
    sd-7

Mom: "Who's dying in the picture, Caleb?"

Caleb: "All the wicked people! Die, wicked ones, die!"

Mom: [laughs] "Okay, Caleb. Settle down. Can you tell me which men in this picture are still alive?"

Caleb: "Well, the man in the front of the picture still looks to be groaning in pain, and the three people running. But the second man from the right whose face we can't see...I think he may be dead. And the first from the right...he's gone, Mom. And good riddance, huh?"

Mom: "Yes, Caleb, of course! Jehovah is happy that this man is dead! Do you want to be dead like that?"

Caleb: "No!"

Mom: "Then what should you do?"

Caleb: "Obey Jehovah! 'Listen, obey, and be blessed'!"

Mom: "Yes!"

--sd-7

• undercover
    undercover

Thanks, Blondie!

That's one of the 'reasonable pictures' I was thinking of...

• jam
    jam

I ask a CO, when doomsday come how will GOD eliminate

the majority of mankind ? CO, of course it will be selective,

you may be talking to your neighbor, mother or father and they

drop dead. OK, if that is the case why all the destruction on

the planet.

The average JW will be so scared because you have people falling all

around you , will I be next. You wonder, did I do enough. The mojority of JW,s

don,t have a clue if they will make it or not. Why, because you can

not do enough to please the GB.

For years the WT have painting a picture of doomsday, buildings

crashing down, lighting frying people, earth opening up and swallowing

famlies , missing limbs , death and destruction all around.

Here stands Jehovah,s Witnesses with a big smile. Sick!!!!

• King Solomon
    King Solomon

Look peepol, if you want to make omelettes, you gotta crack a few eggs (or skulls, as the case may be). Gotta wipe the slate and make room for a fresh start!

PS You didn't think the pet lions were being given out to just anyone, did you? The pet lions are only going to those early Xians who died by being eaten by lions in the Coliseum: it's in keeping with Christ's whole 'turnabout is fair play' thing.

• Vachi 8 He Is
    Vachi 8 He Is

Undercover, sorry but have to ask: did you put "stop" & "think" preceded by "JW's" all in the same sentence?

• glenster
    glenster

The doomsday I think is possible is that the burgeoning population, and furth-
    er industrialization of nations, pollutes the planet till climate change and
    global warming makes the world uninhabitable. It reminds me of an OT story of
    the folly of common human selfishness, like the flood or tower of Babylon, ex-
    cept with people ironically providing their own punishment (more extreme than
    the OT God causing some destruction, which He could cause with impunity with His
    prerogative and which might prevent annihilation by lowering the population) and
    unfortunately not allegorical.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Global_warming
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Climate_change

The other irony is that some of the most politicized orthodox/conservative
    types, besides arguing for a literal flood and against evolution, would be work-
    ing to prevent action to prevent global warming/climate change, for some strange
    reason, and be a notable segment of the selfish ones that bring on the punish-
    ment.

• King Solomon
    King Solomon

Well, it kinda makes sense, Glenster. If you know a building is scheduled for demolition, or id you're only renting, you don't put a lot of effort into maintenance and upkeep. Why worry about damaging it, when God will simply fix it all in the New System (or you'll have your own planet, if a Mormon)?

• ziddina
    ziddina

Hah!

Well, if all the phytoplankton in the oceans die off due to that non-existent "global warming" - or just those consistently record-setting heat waves we're having...

"Doomsday" may take on a totally different aspect than ANYONE is expecting...

Like the oxygen levels in our atmosphere slowly dropping below the level needed to sustain most forms of life.

Not that I'm trying to be a "doomsday" prophet or anything...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit