Blondie's Comments You Will Not Hear at the 09-02-2012 WT Study (TRUE FREEDOM)

by blondie 28 Replies latest jw friends

• ldrnomo
    ldrnomo

I love this forum and especially Blondie's comments you will not hear at the watchtower indoctrination, I mean study.

Often I would think how ridiculous many of these articles were but could never voice my thoughts about them (no freedom to speak your mind)

• Bobcat
    Bobcat

Some points I noted in this weeks WT study:

Par.5 They cite Hebrews 8:6, 10 and speak of how God's laws get written on hearts rather than stone. But they won't use the term "New Covenant." Hebrews 8:6, 10 is referring to the New Covenant. And verse 10 is a quote of Jer 31:31. But WT ideology only allows 144,000 to be in that.

Par.11 The reference work referred to is, as far as I can tell, Vine's Expository Dictionary, under the word "know."

Par.17 They assert that "the creation" refers to sinful mankind with an earthy hope. No argument or proof is given of this. This dovetails with the erroneous idea that only the 144,000 are "the sons of God." The WT idea of sonship is a contradiction of John 1:12, 13. Non WT commentaries make much better sense of Rom 8:18-22. For example, it cannot be said of sinful mankind that they "eagerly expect the revelaing of the sons of God." As a whole, the Bible depicts the sinful world of mankind as fighting against God's arrangements to the bitter end.

Par.18 Says that humans attain status as "children of God" after the post 1000 year test. This contradicts Jesus. In Luke 20:36, he says concerning ressurrected ones that, "they are God's children by being children of the resurrection."

• RagingBull
    RagingBull

I love these!

If they came out a day or 2 earlier, I'd use some of the comments and sources at the local WT study. I swear I would! :)

• sd-7
    sd-7

"A new Bible student named Jay was addicted to tobacco."

So let me guess: is "Jay" related to "Andre", by any chance? An uncle, perhaps?

"The reality, however, is quite the opposite. Mountains of rules and regulations are necessary to curb their hurtful appetites and behavior. “Law is promulgated, not for a righteous man, but for persons lawless and unruly,” says Paul."

So, Watchtower reader, what do you think this says about how the Governing Body feels about you? Don't worry, you don't have to think of an answer--they gave you one in the same paragraph:

"In a way, such individuals are like insects that

crawl right into a bowl of honey. Driven

by their appetite, they soon find themselves

entrapped."

Hey, they said it. Not me. But remember, you don't need so many rules like this lawless world. So...what's with the beard, forgot to shave? And you can't do a part from the platform with a sportcoat and slacks! What are you, a Bible study??

--sd-7

• blondie
    blondie

RagingBull, I try to get them done but I have a life and sometimes it needs attention. It takes a skilled person, and careful tone of voice to get these past the conductor. It helped in the past that I was a dumb woman needing help or seemed to be.

• sd-7
    sd-7

And here is the hugely unscriptural teaching being restated once more:

"Thereafter, Christ’s

144,000 fellow kings and priests will

continue to liberate mankind by progressively

applying the benefits of the

ransom sacrifice until Adamic sin and

imperfection have been fully erased.

(Rev. 5:9, 10)"

Where in the Bible does it ever say that anyone but Jesus can give us the benefits of the ransom? Certainly not at Revelation 5:9, 10. Hebrews 9:24-28 says Jesus offered his blood up once for all time, not once for the anointed, who can then take it and dole it out at a rate of 1/1000th per year to everyone else. There is no scriptural support whatsoever for this teaching, and not once in the numerous times I've seen it has there ever been a supporting scripture that actually proves it. They usually don't bother citing a scripture next to it.

The other problem this creates is that it nullifies Revelation 7:9-14, which says the great crowd washes its robes and makes them white in the blood of the Lamb and serves day and night in the temple. Now apparently, those robes require a 1,000-year cycle in the big Ransom Washing Machine, a Subsidiary of the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society, Inc. Hope you brought a lot of quarters! But seriously, if they're still not wearing white robes until 1,000 years later, then this group simply does not exist, as no such individuals emerge from the great tribulation wearing white robes. And thus, the anointed have no one to rule over for a thousand years. Well, except those not in the non-existent great crowd that get resurrected....but let's not even go there...

I'm not sure most JWs even realize what is being said here, but how ironic that disagreeing with this would be apostasy. Saying that only Jesus, Jesus alone, can apply the value of the ransom to our sins...is apostasy. A rejection of...true Christianity.

Ooooooooooooooookay.

--sd-7

• NOLAW
    NOLAW

The spimGB is quite frank about the penalties they impose for commiting a sin.

Many rules but only 3 ways of punishment for all 'crimes':

1. MARKED

2. REMOVE PRIVILEGES

3. D/F

Isn't that simplified Divine Justice!

• nuthouse escapee
    nuthouse escapee

As always, an excellent review. So glad I don't have to sit through that tripe anymore. There is no freedom inside the organization. They put rules in force that have absolutely no basis in scripture. I felt like I was living in a glass box that everyone was watching just to find something to pick at, even if only trivial. Live in a Paradise forever like this? No thanks. Leslie

• apostatethunder
    apostatethunder

Obviously freedom means different things for different people, the WT sells “true“ freedom.

It’s difficult to be free when you are surrounded by people that want to impose you THEIR own view of what freedom is.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit