Born Gay in a JW World

by krejames 35 Replies latest members private

• krejames
    krejames

Thanks again everyone for your support and advice. And to those who are going through the same or have family who are, really wishing you the very best.

Thanks Fernando for the references, I'll take a look!

:)

• EmptyInside
    EmptyInside

Thanks for sharing your story. It was truly heartfelt.

• RAYZORBLADE
    RAYZORBLADE

Krejames: like everyone else on this thread has stated: Thank you for sharing. WOW! is the explitive that rolled off of my fingertips as I typed here this morning. What an incredible story. It reads like a novel.

I am equally impressed with the positive and welcoming posts too. It is nice and very comforting to see.

You're not alone. That I can guarantee you.

• Heartofaboy
    Heartofaboy

What a riveting account of your life krejames, so much of which I can totally relate to. Thank you for telling us, it made me realise once again the struggle that seemed so lonely is the same for thousands gay people trying to measure up to the heavy burden the WT places on us.

I'm gay too & I am still working through the guilt & worthlessness the borg bestows on us, however I have never been happier than since I distanced myself from the WBTS. I had good friends in the JW's but they were friends with a fake rather the person I really was.......I felt I was a fake to everyone, that no one would accept me for who I really am. Now I have gay friends I realise it is possible for others to find the real me a good person to be with & even physically attractive.

Hoab x

• TimothyT
    TimothyT

How are you HOAB? X

• InquiryMan
    InquiryMan

Thanks for your story :-) From a fellow «gay brother».

• irondork
    irondork

Heartofaboy: I had good friends in the JW's but they were friends with a fake rather the person I really was.......I felt I was a fake to everyone, that no one would accept me for who I really am.

Yeah... that's one of the best parts about leaving the torment of the WTS and being true to yourself in it's place. The people who know me and who count me as a friend these days REALLY know me. The people I associate with don't make off-the-cuff jabs at gay people because that is simply not in their nature. I'm not uncomfortable calling these people my friends because they have chosen to be with all my facets. I don't have to have my walls up. I know I am not going to be attacked, even by a family member, just because they may not know there's a homo in the room.

Welcome to the forum Krejames.

• jemba
    jemba

Wow Krejames, thankyou for a riveting story.

I too defended gay people to the very homophobic JWs, how dare they judge! It makes me furious that they pass judgement on a way a person is who has no choice or control in the matter.

Im so glad that you found true love and didnt get pushed into a sad sham marraige like many gay JWs.

You sound like the sweetest guy and you deserve all the happiness in the world. xxx

Jemba

• Quendi
    Quendi

Welcome, krejames, to the JWN board and thank you for sharing your story. Jehovah’s Witnesses are fond of telling others that they have a “spiritual paradise” where any and all are loved. You have learned how untrue that is. I congratulate you on having made good your escape and are now living your life.

When I initially met with my judicial committee about being a gay man, they made every effort to humiliate me. At first I thought this was so they could help me realize my sin, renounce it, and embrace a Christian life. It didn’t take me long to see that they were motivated by fear and hatred and not by any desire to help me personally. That was the beginning of the end of my life as a Witness.

I sought reinstatement only because I wanted to keep my friends in the organization. Gradually I came to realize they were no true friends at all, and that I was better off without them in my life. I found other people who were genuine in their love and affection for me. That enabled me to break free at last from Jehovah’s Witnesses, to my betterment.

As others have told you, you’ll find real friends here and elsewhere both gay and straight, who will accept you for who you are. You don’t have to be gay to understand how cruel, manipulative and unloving the JW cult really is. Now that you’re out my advice is simple: STAY OUT. Don’t cast longing glances backward for you have much better things to achieve.

Quendi

• Quendi
    Quendi

I’m still awaiting an answer to my PM, steve2. Thanks.

Quendi

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit