To Whom do You Belong?

by God_Delusion 7 Replies latest jw friends

• God_Delusion
    God_Delusion

Hi guys and gals,

Lot's of you will know about the old "To Whom do you Belong" Kingdom Melody intro sounding just like the Australian national anthem. I wonder if it was just pure coincidence or if the writers ripped it off thinking no one would notice.

I don't know the new songs very well - they changed the song book round about the time I stopped going to the meetings. Are any of the new songs eerily similar to other songs?

I've heard many times the experience of a Jehovah's Witness on holiday who hums a Kingdom Melody to identify themselves to another, suspected, Jehovah's Witness. What have you heard about this sort of thing?

I wrote a bit about this sort of thing at http://www.jehovahswitnessblog.com/funnies/to-whom-do-you-belong/

Love,

god_delusion

• Glander
    Glander

i deblong to hova

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

My Mortgage Company.

Rub a Dub

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

great! thanks now I have that stupid song in my head

• stillstuckcruz
    stillstuckcruz

At least they got rid of the bit about bees being molested. To this day, I still have no clue what it was talking about....

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I would check out Vangelis' Chariots of Fire (the legitimate version) and compare to the 1984 Kingdumb Malady 42 song. Anyone else notice the blatant similarity? Which I am sure that's not the only song they ripped off.

Yet, the scumbags have the nerve to sue us for putting spoofs of their Sparlock video on YouTube.

• Theocratic Sedition
    Theocratic Sedition

That's a good song, apostate or not, can't deny that song is flames.

• Nambo
    Nambo

"At least they got rid of the bit about bees being molested. To this day, I still have no clue what it was talking about...." Wrote stillstuckcruz.

What!, this is the only prophesy the Watchtower org actually got right!, have you not heard about all the bees dying due to "Colony collapse disorder"?

Its probably why they deleted it from their latest songbook, they didnt want to break thier outstanding record of failed prophesy.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit