The Mormon 'Miracle'

by Farkel 12 Replies latest jw friends

• Farkel
    Farkel

I grew up in the Mormon State, so I can attest this as true. The state bird is the seagull, a disgusting, bullying, messy and annoying scavenger. There are zillions of seagulls around the Great Salt Lake, just a few miles north of Salt Lake City.

Why is it the State Bird and why does killing one of those flying rodents bring on a fine of $100? (That was in the mid-1960's. It's probably much higher now.) It's because early on in the settlement of Utah, the settlers had a huge infestation of crickets which were eating up their crops. So they prayed to God for intervention. Lo and Behold! Flocks of seagulls descended on the crickets and ate them up!

This is a Mormon miracle and proves beyond any doubt that God is on their side. Ask any true believing Mormon and they will agree.

Why haven't they figured out that seagulls go where the food is?

Farkel

• rip van winkle
    rip van winkle

"Why haven't they figured out that seagulls go where the food is?"
    LOL!!! That's a funny observation!!!! I think you should start a thread entitled:

"What the Fark?" for these types of observations!!!!!!!

• nuthouse escapee
    nuthouse escapee

Thanks for sharing that. Very funny. -Leslie-

• nuthouse escapee
    nuthouse escapee

Love Rip Van Winkle's idea Farkel. A "WHAT THE FARK" category from you would be priceless!Leslie

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Was it a miracle from god or a curse from god ?

• Quentin
    Quentin

THE seagulls prayed amongst themselves the Deity would lead THEM to a land flowing with crickets and other small insects. I'm sure the Great Salt Lake had nothing to do with it. Thus the Great Seagull Exodus with Seahova leading the way brought Seagulls to the Great Salt Lake.

There's always two sides to a story. El El yon reveled that in my dream.

Thou shalt not put any other birds before ME, for I am a cranky old lice ridden fart with a broken wing and ingrown toe nails.

Thou shalt do as I say, not as I do.

Thou shalt not restrict thine selfs to crickets, Ye shalt partake of garbage and poop on every thing all the days of thine lives.

Thee shalt not cohabit with pigeons, they are a dirty birds.

In the far distant future ye shalt be ruled over by Buzzards and Crows for THEY are my unfaithfully and indiscreet overseers.

These are the commandants I give unto you, which shalt be added to, changed or ignored dependent upon the brightness of the day and how many lice I am cursed with.

• talesin
    talesin

more fairy tales from a religious group, but that's a new one on me.

How can a scavenger be messy? They clean up garbage .... sry, but I love seagulls.

Oh, and the eagle is a scavenger as well. Not many people know that.

• Quentin
    Quentin

So are dogs and cats.........

• LV101
    LV101

A college professor told the class Mormans were so ignorant re/farming they had to bring the limees (sp?) over from England to teach them about agriculture and how to farm and grow food. I relayed to my Morman friend and it didn't go over well.

Interesting about the seagulls. Just returned from beach and they do seem aggressive and always begging.

• talesin
    talesin

lol, well, I don't know dogs; cats *will* scavenge, but are mainly predators. What I found interesting about big cats, is that they will keep a kill around for quite some time, and eat it as it's rotting ... blech!

:P

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit