Kingdom Hall for Sale

by Undecided 18 Replies latest jw friends

• heathen
    heathen

I'm surprised they don't go for the stained glass windows considering their literature with all the art work .I like vens idea

• Tammie
    Tammie

ozziepost,
    Talking about KH with out any windows. Several years when my congeration built their new KH, they did so with out the windows. I don't know exactly what it was from, but the chemicals (The glue used in the rug, the new rugs, the paint, the varnish, or people perfume.) Just gave me these horrible headakes. I think if they had put windows in, they could have opened them and let the chemicals out and the fresh air in. But the headakes I got was so bad, all I could do was to go home after wards and sleep it off. I had eventually stopped going to most of the meetings there. I would go to diffrent halls to catch the meetings. That kept mom and the elders off my back. But at the time, I was not really thinking of leaving the JW's anyway.

The truth can never be hurt by a lie,
    but a lie can be exposed by the truth.

• DazedAndConfused
    DazedAndConfused

It seems to me that in the early 80's, here in the US, we went to no windows. Of course we had a vivid example of why this happened. Apparently somewhere in France someone came in and placed a rather large "bookbag" similar to the ones that the elders carried. YOu know, the ones that homeless people would love to move into. Anyway, this was placed in the hall and a brother heard a ticking and he promptly picked it up and ran out the door and across the street to a Park across the street and flung it.....thus a great explosion, resulting in this particular brother being the one person "directed by Jehovah" as saing a whole congregation of faithful followers. *gag*

• Tammie
    Tammie
    someone came in and placed a rather large "bookbag....this was placed in the hall and a brother heard a ticking and he promptly picked it up and ran out the door and across the street to a Park across the street and flung it.....thus a great explosion, resulting in this particular brother being the one person "directed by Jehovah" as saving a whole congregation of faithful followers

I also remember reading a few years back about a bomb that went off at a kingdom hall in Australia or New Zealand. The story was in the Awake or Watchtower. Now why would their God allow one KH to be saved and another totaly blown up, with folks inside. I don't buy it, divine intervention, for one and not the other.

The truth can never be hurt by a lie,
    but a lie can be exposed by the truth.

• KSJordan
    KSJordan

I know the KH that I grew up in never had windows since the late 1970s after they rebuilt it. Some guy burned it down and they rebuilt it without windows, but I don't think it had windows before the fire either.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

The trend to window less seemed to co incide with standard designs by the quick build architects ,resultant in boring soul less places.. I believe it had more to do with air conditioning units than aesthetics.

Ven. I like the idea!

I remmember well the Ausie bomb. reported on News BBC ,we sent a card of condolance. I heard a tape of a speaker trying to explain why it was "allowed to happen" but even then his explanation made no sense.
    They could not believe that it was just one of those things that happen ,without a Divine reason..

• zev
    zev

before my former k.h. was built, our old one, had no windows.
    when it was put up for sale, mormons bought it.

the new one, believe it or not has windows, and you can see through them.

new light?

-Zev
    Learn about the Wtbts and the U.N.
    ** http://www.geocities.com/plowbitch69 **

• RunningMan
    RunningMan

In Canada, new halls are build without windows, or at least with only the odd one facing high traffic areas. Assembly halls tend to have more windows in the entrance way, but they also tend to have suites in them, so someone is there most of the time.

Although most people don't like the windowless look, it actually makes perfect sense. Kingdom halls are vacant most of the time, particularly at night. As well, the meeting times are regular and scheduled, so to theives and vandals, Kingdom halls are a perfect target. The Witness's popularity with the community also tends to increase the incidence of broken windows.

• Masterji
    Masterji

Cuts down on insurance claims.

And you know who insures the halls.

M

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit