Watchtower's blind hypocrisy

by Nemesis 14 Replies latest jw friends

• Nemesis
    Nemesis

I was just surfing and looked at the official JW site. There was a picture of a nun on the front page and it said: “Is there a sound basis for your beliefs?” If you click on it you get this link, to a Watchtower article: http://www.watchtower.org/library/w/2001/8/1/article_01.htm

They have the most uncanny ability to expose their own blazing hypocrisy without a hint of self recognition or embarrassment—it’s truly amazing how they can state things that are so true, and yet in their doctrines and actions they do the exact hypocritical opposite! Here are some gems from that two-page article:

“You probably cherish your right to believe whatever you wish to believe...BUT there is a need for caution. Some beliefs are not only different but also dangerous...Of course, it does not take deliberate lies to develop mistaken beliefs... How many people have met untimely deaths doing something they believed was right? Then again, often we believe a thing simply because we want to believe it. One professor says that even scientists "often fall in love with their own constructions." Their beliefs becloud their critical judgment. Then they may spend a lifetime in vain trying to shore up mistaken beliefs.—Jeremiah 17:9...Similar things have happened with religious beliefs—where immense contradictions exist. (1 Timothy 4:1; 2 Timothy 4:3, 4) One man has deep faith in God. Another says that the man is only "weaving faith out of moonshine."...

“...WHY, though, would anyone want to change his religion or belief? "I have my own beliefs, and I am happy with them," is the commonly expressed view. Many feel that even mistaken beliefs cause little harm to anyone...When it comes to religion, mistaken beliefs have historically caused great harm….How can you minimize the possibility of believing a lie?... Perhaps you have been brought up in the beliefs of your family...Building on the ideas and philosophies of men is like building on sand..."But wait," someone will say, "is it not the very ones who have the Bible who have caused the most conflict and confusion in world affairs?" Well, it is true that religious leaders who claim to follow the Bible have produced many confusing and conflicting ideas. This is because they have not, in fact, based their beliefs on the Bible. The apostle Peter describes them as "false prophets" and "false teachers" who would create "destructive sects."... The Bible encourages us to check our beliefs against what it teaches...”

So much info is there for the average witness to see the colossal hypocrisy of the Watch Tower society—how the hell do they always miss it when it’s right before their nose?

• moman
    moman

Truly the WT oozes with pride & arrogance!

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    How many people have met untimely deaths doing something they believed was right?

[Cough] Blood [Cough] [8>]

"As every one knows, there are mistakes in the Bible" - The Watchtower, April 15, 1928, p. 126
    Believe in yourself, not mythology.
    <x ><

• Dutchie
    Dutchie

Its truly incredible. Its as if the article were written FOR and not BY the WBTS.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    A wise person, therefore, does not blindly believe that something is true simply because some authoritative teacher says it is.—Psalm 146:3.

w67 10/1 587
    "For this reason the Bible cannot be properly understood without Jehovah's visible organization in mind."

Oops! I think we may have a contradiction! [8>]

"As every one knows, there are mistakes in the Bible" - The Watchtower, April 15, 1928, p. 126
    <x ><

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    Well, it is true that religious leaders who claim to follow the Bible have produced many confusing and conflicting ideas. This is because they have not, in fact, based their beliefs on the Bible. The apostle Peter describes them as "false prophets" and "false teachers" who would create "destructive sects."

Hmmm, 1914, 1935, 1975...
    Hmmm, Organ transplants, vaccinations (perhaps blood)...

(Sorry, I'm on a roll)

<x ><

• jerome
    jerome

I have just got to print this out!

This article has to be the nail in the coffin.

This kind of thing used to surprise me but now ....

Its just to common place

This article is sure to shut sum people up

Jerome

The Bible is a two edged sword wield it for evil and it you may get hurt.

• jerome
    jerome

Oh by the way did you check out the next page of the article indorcing the UN! The UN declears...

So sneaky arent they

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Hypocrisy? Yes
    Blind? Not necessarily... but 'blatant' - Yes!

Cheers,
    Ozzie

"If our hopes for peace are placed in the hands of imperfect people, they are bound to evaporate."

- Ron Hutchcraft Surviving the Storms of Stress

• cellomould
    cellomould

There was an article about prophecy in the WT a couple of years back...very similarly it debunked the WT itself!

Remember that one?

Where it showed that the Bible could be used to predict any number of things (by Jewish rabbis, e.g. the assasination of JFK) according to the whims of the reader?!

cellomould

"In other words, your God is the warden of a prison where the only prisoner is your God." Jose Saramago, The Gospel According to Jesus Christ

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit