"The stones would cry out"

by sleepy 18 Replies latest jw friends

• Scully
    Scully

I think we, at JW.com, should issue a CHALLENGE to www.watchtower.org

Stop the preaching work for 6 months. A double-dog dare!!

If, within that time frame, stones take over the preaching work, then everyone will know that JWs have The Truthâ„¢. If they don't, they'll have gone bankrupt by then, so "oh well!!"

Love, Scully

• Scully
    Scully

oh, and Nathan:

I thought it was when you played "Sympathy for the Devil" backwards, you got Studies in the Scriptures, Vols 1 & 2.

Love, Scully

• ChakkaConned
    ChakkaConned

Getting stoned would be preferable to JW's current methods.

• r51785
    r51785
    I remmeber it being said at mettings that if we didn't do the preaching work then the "stones would cry out".

Given the level of energy and enthusiasm which most dubs exert whilst engaging in the "preaching work," perhaps inanimate objects would be more effective!

• belbab
    belbab

May I interject my understanding of this subject of the stones crying out?

The text is as follows:

Luk 19:37 As soon as He was approaching, near the descent of the Mount of Olives, the whole crowd of the disciples began to praise God joyfully with a loud voice for all the miracles which they had seen,
    Luk 19:38 shouting: "BLESSED IS THE KING WHO COMES IN THE NAME OF THE LORD; Peace in heaven and glory in the highest !"
    Luk 19:39 Some of the Pharisees in the crowd said to Him, "Teacher, rebuke Your disciples."
    Luk 19:40 But Jesus answered, "I tell you, if these become silent, the stones will cry out!"

Luk 22:2 The chief priests and the scribes were seeking how they might put Him to death; for they were afraid of the people
    Luk 22:3 And Satan entered into Judas who was called Iscariot, belonging to the number of the twelve.
    Luk 22:4 And he went away and discussed with the chief priests and officers how he might betray Him to them.
    Luk 22:5 They were glad and agreed to give him money.
    Luk 22:6 So he consented, and began seeking a good opportunity to betray Him to them apart from the crowd.

This situation taking place in Jerusalem, was a very touchy, explosive one. The leaders of the Jews were seeking to capture Jesus and bring him to trial. Here he was entering Jerusalem in a noisy procession, and he was being announced as a KING. It was written that the leaders were afraid of the crowd. They thought the whole of Jerusalem would acclaim him as king. Some of the Pharisees in the crowd who were favourable to Jesus, were afraid and were telling Jesus to cool it.

Jesus said that if the crowd became silent, the stones would cry out. Not that they would cry out with intelligent speech, but there would arise an incident involving stones, stones flying through the air from opposers who would stone him to death. In this figurative sense the stones would cry out, like they did at the time of Stephen. The stones would fly, the people would cry, in rage or terror.

Even today at times there are demonstrations where the authorities are afraid to stop a crowd because of their exuberance and numbers.

Take it or leave it, belbab

• heathen
    heathen

what, with all the talking snakes and donkies why not stones?

• tyydyy
    tyydyy

If the stones cried out, What would they say?

What would be the first sounds out of their crack?

God Damn it! Quit stepping on me.

If that dog comes near me one more time........

Would you mind throwing me into the neighbor's yard. They have some nice looking moss over there.

You should hear the things those JWs say when you slam the door.

Way back...When I used to be a boulder.......

Don't you dare call me a rock!

Don't listen to that stone on the other side of the walk. I have the real truth!

TimB

• Tammie
    Tammie

You guys just crack me up. I like that one.

If, within that time frame, stones take over the preaching work, then everyone will know that JWs have The Truthâ„¢. If they don't, they'll have gone bankrupt by then, so "oh well!!"

The truth can never be hurt by a lie,
    but a lie can be exposed by the truth.

• greven
    greven

you know, in one of the "judge"`s books I believe the JW`s thought that the radio -which also contains some sort of mineral- was predicted. hmm Harp of God? maybe some one else knows which book.
    maybe it is the internet. no wait is that not a tool from satan?

I always wandered why we had to go door to door when there are so many nice modern ways of communication like the radio, TV, newspaper and internet...like they did in the past. but hey, that will not bring in money right?

"Fear is strange soil. Mainly it grows obedience like corn, which grows in rows and makes weeding easy. But sometimes it grows the potatoes of defiance, which flourish underground."
    -from "Small Gods" by Terry Pratchett-

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit