Survey

by YYHWH 9 Replies latest jw friends

• YYHWH
    YYHWH

How long were you a witness?

Were you raised in it?

Did you ever study with and have someone become a witness?

The reason I am asking these questions is that I was a witness for about 25 years and never was able to bring anyone into the non-truth.

I really believe the societys numbers regardig growth are only a result of parents brainwashing there kids into dedicating there souls to the non-truth.

Thanks in advance for your replys.

• LB
    LB

I was only a witness for a few years. I studied with a few different people, non of whom became witnesses.

The "growth" is mostly from kids getting "urged" into getting baptized. That also would account for so many young ones getting DFed wouldn't it?

Never Squat With Yer Spurs On

• Amazing
    Amazing

A JW 25 years, associated 27 years

Not raised in it. Worked with Reg Pioneer who studied with me.

Studied with 15 people who became JWs

• happy man
    happy man

Born in the truth, been elder for over 20 year . qite, 2years ago.
    Not so clever as mazing, who do you feel abauot them now A, are they still inn.
    Give you one qestion abauot if you wher one atoined, dont see any answer, intresting to now who youi f so now this.
    but if you helpt 15 persons inn, you must be a very , very exelent JW, who did you fix this, i have problems even whid my kidds.

• ARIE
    ARIE

I was a witness for 12 or 13 years. My mother started studying when i was 1 or 2. I think I was in from when I was 3 until I was 15 maybe. I was DF'd then.
    I didn't ever bring anyone in though. Usually after a while I turned the "studies" over to someone more qualified. Or at least someone who showed a little enthusiasm.

I am not sure about the numbers from kids. Although it did seem all teens were urged to become baptized. Some by force like myself.

• sleepy
    sleepy

Hi I did a survey on this a while back.
    I found about 75% were brought up as witnesses.

• Dutchie
    Dutchie

I was born into the truth. My mother and grandmother were witnesses. I pioneered for 12 years and as a result 27 people were baptized. I have tried contacting those people to explain to them my decision to leave the organization, but have only been able to reach some of them. Oh, well.... I'll keep trying.

• zev
    zev

born, breed, and raised. 40 years.

out, 3 months.

never brought anyone in, and thanking god God for that now.

-Zev
    Learn about the Wtbts and the U.N.
    ** http://www.geocities.com/plowbitch69 **

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

I was a Witness for 35 years. Baptized at 11, six months after both my parents were baptized. One grandparent was a Witness. I was an elder, MS, pioneer, etc. etc.

Studied with probably 20 people or so who became Witnesses. Maybe more.

One of them is my current mailman, who refuses to speak to me! (I'm not DA or DF) He also didn't say a word to my wife for five years, though she is still a JW and they attend the same Hall!! He finally talked with her a few weeks ago. His excuse was that he didn't know what to say to her now that I'm no longer a JW. I did a hell of a job turning him into a true blue, mindless JW, eh?? Part of the reason I left.

Actually, I was never like that - I think the indoctrination comes with the constant meeting attendance, where that attitude is ingrained.

S4

• longtimeout
    longtimeout

I enjoyed a happy, fun-filled childhood until I turned 12.
    That's when my mother decided to study & ultimately become a JW. My father followed along as well. My life was never to be the same!
    For the next 22 years I struggled to make sense of it all, until I couldn't take it any more. The '75 debacle did it for me.
    I walked away and never looked back. That was over 20 yrs. ago.
    I never brought anyone into the cult. For that, at least, my conscience is clear.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit