Why would a Swingers Club Want to Become a Religion?

by cha ching 20 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

The upscale clubs have dinner and breakfast bars with really good food. . . .At least that's what I've been told.

DJS

Could you be a bit more specific about the menu rotation and typical weekly specials one might expect if one ever went to one of these places.

Rub a Dub

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

"I've heard many, many people say they're planning to attend

when it opens". It will be a full house, praise the LORD!!

• cha ching
    cha ching

HaHa DJS!! Yep, we got screwed all right! That was funny!

• 20years_to_get_free
    20years_to_get_free
    They purchased the property, within an appropriately zoned area. When the local "Christian school" got wind of what was happening, they petitioned the city to get the zoning changed, essentially making the clubs investment worthless. I think this is the most ingenious solution I've ever heard of. Don't mess with the swingers. Half of them are attorneys.
  • Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

I was thinking of starting Church of Brunch, where Sunday morning "service" would be an elegant and tax-free brunch. Besides that, the most vital services Church of Brunch would provide would be for weddings and funerals. Lets face it, the only thing that a lot of people ever go to churches for is weddings and funerals. And rather than trying to come up with big Christmas/Easter holidays for CoBrunch, instead the church would have celebrations for birthdays and anniversaries (and maybe divorces sometimes).

But after hearing about this Church of Swing, maybe that's the way to go. Because I love to swing, especially rope swings over water!

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

"Their tenets of the church sort of like the Ten Commandment,"said club's

longtime lawyer Larry Roberts. He listed a few "Do not steal. Do not lie. Do not

cheat. Do not commit any act that will be harmful to others. Do not commit

adultery without the knowledge and consent of your spouse".

I like this church. Is it adultery when your spouse give you the OK????

• snugglebunny
    snugglebunny
    I recall some friends joining a swinger's group many years ago. I was then married to my first wife and was told that if I wanted to come along too, then I'd better get myself some better collateral!
  • Simon
    Simon

It highlights how stupid it is to give special rules to religious groups. What exactly is "religion"? Is there a formal definition? Why should a group with some particular crazy beliefs get special treatment vs some other group?

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

Simon,

"It highlights how stupid it is to give special rules to religious groups. What exactly is "religion"? Is there a formal definition? Why should a group with some particular crazy beliefs get special treatment vs some other group?"

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

IMO, getting sex and worship officially (back) together again just might save organized religion in the long run.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit