The Finished Mystery (1918) p.272

by Splash 10 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Splash
    Splash

Rev 18:1. [And] after these things I saw another angel come down from Heaven. — In 1874. (See Rev. 3:14.)

Having great power — "All power In Heaven and on earth."—Matt 28:18.

And the earth was lightened with His glory.

Some of the glories of the New Day, all discovered since 1874, are adding machines, aeroplanes, aluminum, antiseptic surgery, artificial dyes, automate couplers, automobiles, barbed wire, bicycles, carborundum, cash registers, celluloid, correspondence schools, cream separators, Darkest Africa, disk ploughs, Divine Plan of the Ages, dynamite, electric railways, electric welding, escalators, tireless cookers, gas engines, harvesting machines, illuminating gas, induction motors, linotypes, match machines, monotypes, motion pictures, North Pole, Panama Canal, Pasteurization, railway signals, Roentgen rays, shoe sewing machines, smokeless powder, South Pole, submarines, radium, sky scrapers, subways, talking machines, telephones, typewriters, vacuum cleaners and wireless telegraphy.—Ezek. 43:2; John 1:9; Matt 26:31; Titus 2:13.

Splash

• cedars
    cedars

Ah yes, The Finished Mystery - the book that despite proving "unsatisfactory as an explanation of Revelation" (according to the Climax book) still somehow ended up fulfilling significant elements of that bible prophecy.

http://jwsurvey.org/cedars-blog/under-the-microscope-the-watch-tower-societys-claims-to-divine-direction-part-4

Cedars

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Darkest Africa?

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Darkest Africa?

Theres no Light in Darkest Africa..

This is a picture of a guy who Walked into a Tree and..

Knocked Himself Out..

....................... ...OUTLAW

• whathappened
    whathappened

The Finished Mystery should be on everyone's must read list. It will remove any trace of doubts that god had nothing to do with the formation of the wtbts.

• therevealer
    therevealer

The following is much more current and is equally full of hubris and bullshiterousness:

*** w09 6/15 pp. 23-24 The Faithful Steward and Its Governing Body ***
    The Correct Viewpoint
    14 How should these anointed ones view themselves as they await their heavenly reward? They realize that although they have received a wonderful invitation, it is only that-an invitation. They must remain faithful until death in order to obtain this prize. In humility, they echo the words of Paul: "Brothers, I do not yet consider myself as having laid hold on it; but there is one thing about it: Forgetting the things behind and stretching forward to the things ahead, I am pursuing down toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God by means of Christ Jesus." (Phil. 3:13, 14) The anointed remnant must do their utmost to ‘walk worthily of the calling with which they were called, with complete lowliness of mind,' doing so "with fear and trembling."-Eph. 4:1, 2; Phil. 2:12; 1 Thess. 2:12.
    15 On the other hand, how should other Christians view a person who claims to have received this anointing and begins to partake of the emblems at the Memorial? He or she should not be judged. The matter is between this person and Jehovah. (Rom. 14:12) However, Christians who have truly received this anointing do not demand special attention. They do not believe that their being of the anointed gives them special insights beyond what even some experienced members of the "great crowd" may have. (Rev. 7:9) They do not believe that they necessarily have more holy spirit than their companions of the "other sheep" have. (John 10:16) They do not expect special treatment; nor do they claim that their partaking of the emblems places them above the appointed elders in the congregation.
    16 Are all these anointed ones throughout the earth part of a global network that is somehow involved in revealing new spiritual truths? No. Although as a composite body the slave class is responsible for feeding the spiritual household, not all individuals of the slave class have the same responsibilities or work assignments. (Read 1 Corinthians 12:14-18.) As noted earlier, in the first century, all were involved in the vital preaching work. But only a very limited number were used to write the books of the Bible and oversee the Christian congregation.
    17 To illustrate: The Scriptures at times speak of "the congregation" as taking certain action in handling judicial matters. (Matt. 18:17) In real terms, though, it is only the elders who take this action in their capacity as representatives of the congregation. The elders do not contact all members of the congregation to ask their various opinions before they make a decision. Theocratically, they perform the role that they have been assigned; they act on behalf of the whole congregation.
    18 Similarly, today a limited number of anointed men have the responsibility of representing the slave class. They make up the Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses. These spirit-anointed men oversee the Kingdom work and the spiritual feeding program. As in the first century, though, the Governing Body does not consult with each individual member of the slave class before making decisions. (Read Acts 16:4, 5.) However, all anointed Witnesses are deeply involved in the vital harvest work that is now taking place. As a class, "the faithful and discreet slave" is one body, but as individuals, they have various work assignments.-1 Cor. 12:19-26.
    19 What effect should the above facts have on the ever-increasing great crowd who hope to live forever on earth? As part of the King's belongings, they are happy to cooperate fully with the arrangements made by the Governing Body, which represents "the faithful and discreet slave." Members of the great crowd appreciate the spiritual food produced under the Governing Body's direction. But at the same time, while respecting the slave as a class, members of the great crowd are careful not to elevate any individuals who claim to be part of that slave. No Christian who genuinely receives the anointing with God's spirit would want or expect such treatment.-Acts 10:25, 26; 14:14, 15.
    20 Whether we are "domestics," who are part of the anointed remnant, or we are members of the great crowd, let it be our determination to cooperate fully with the faithful steward and its Governing Body. May each of us "keep on the watch" and prove ourselves faithful until the end.-Matt. 24:13, 42.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

I just find it amusing that a place inhabited by human beings for millennia is only "discovered" when white Europeans make their way into it.

Lol, and "Satan's metal" is among the glories of the New Day.

• tootired2care
    tootired2care

therevealer - great quote, thanks. This is going into my binder of "truth about the troof".

• NOLAW
    NOLAW

Darkest Africa?

• ohiocowboy
    ohiocowboy

Nolaw, posts can be edited for 30 minutes after you make them in case you wish to delete the image which many could find insulting and in bad taste.....

Ruhterford really tried to trademark his own ideas and philosophies in the Finished Mystery. The book is in some ways much different than the other Studies in the Scripture volumes before it, and I have read that many early Bible students found the book to be very disagreeable with them due to it's teachings.

I would have loved to have been around back then so that I could see with my own eyes the impact that Rutherford's influence had over Russell's previous teachings.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit