Say It Ain't So, Lance!

by Quendi 21 Replies latest social physical

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

unfortunately as a result he just opened himself up to alot of civil suits over all the endorsements he has received over the years

• Diest
    Diest

Cheech he has fought other oragizations for years. They just keep coming, so it is not a matter of having the balls. At some point you just let them do as they please because it is a exorcise in futility.

• james_woods
    james_woods

I just watched Geraldo Rivera on this subject.

Geraldo says that it is a terrible shame, but he thinks he is actually guilty.

Geraldo has the theory that by dodging the verdict, and independently claiming that he did nothing wrong, he is likely to keep his commercial endorsements - Nike, Budweiser...even if he loses the titles.

Whereas, if he were declared guilty, he would likely lose the endorsement deals.

I have to say that I am not now (and have never been) a fan. There are more negatives in his record than just this doping charge.

• Diest
    Diest

It could be a valid theory. Geraldo wasnt the first to say so.

If his tests came back negative, and the other guys tests did too, there is no way to know who the real winner was. Were they all doping? Just some of them? Who knows, but it seems like it is rampant in cycling so in some ways it is an even playing field.

• botchtowersociety
    botchtowersociety

No surprise regarding Armstrong. Half the people in track and field in the Olympics are taking PEDs--and that's probably a conservative estimate.

• cofty
    cofty

Half the people in track and field in the Olympics are taking PEDs--and that's probably a conservative estimate.

and you are basing this assertion on.....?

• Diest
    Diest

and you are basing this assertion on.....?

He is a conservative who made and estimate.

Lance has been tested more than any athlete in history, and has never tested positive for PEDs. The USADA wanted to use a kangaroo court to trash Lance's legacy based on the testimony of jealous competitors. I think Lance did the right thing. He refused to play their game. His decsion does not necessarily mean that he will be stripped of his titles, as it is not the USADA that has the final say on that.

I think Lance pissed off someone important in this country, and that's why the witch hunt continues. He may very well have doped, but since he never tested positive and is now retired, the USADA should not have undertaken this investigation.

Those who pointed the finger at Lance, including Floyd I forgot his last name, are jealous losers.

• botchtowersociety
    botchtowersociety

Landis?

He enhanced too. Athletes have, to a large extent, likely exceeded what is humanly possible without prohibited enhancements. Look at Bolt.

http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2012/08/12/bernstein-usain-bolt-is-probably-doping-and-you-know-it/

“But for someone to run 10.03 one year and 9.69 the next, if you don’t question that in a sport that has the reputation it has right now, you’re a fool. Period.”

That's Carl Lewis, by the way.

• GLTirebiter
    GLTirebiter

It reminds me of a JC. Armstrong said he wasn't going to play their rigged game any longer, so the USADA declares him guilty without proof or due process and declares him "disfellowshiped". Another group of power-mad petty tyrants abuses the process until they get their own way!

(edited for spelling...where's my Livestrong wrist band?)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit