• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

try google chrome or firefox.

• ziddina
    ziddina

I wish!!!

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

It is not exactly a Judicial Hearing, they did not call the authorities. It is probably a fiction. http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/jehovahs-witness/T9LJQHN8UVI9GRBTI

• ziddina
    ziddina

Ha ha ha ha!!!

Aw come on, Llamacool, you can come up with more than that measely account!!!

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

I personally know where police were called to a meeting between brothers and the elders at a KH that became "heated". It was not a JC, but resulted in one. The offending brothers were DFd for "fits of anger". Of course, the Elders who were just as loud and unreasonable skated on it all.

Doc

• DarioKehl
    DarioKehl

Right after Russell died, didn't Rutherford call the cops in to remove the GB from the premisis at bethel and replace them with yes-men he selected?

• DarioKehl
    DarioKehl

Why YES... YES HE DID!!!

According to instructions Russell left behind, his successor to the presidency would share power with an editorial committee and with the Watch Tower corporation's board of directors, whom Russell had appointed "for life." But vice president Joseph Franklin ("Judge") Rutherford soon set about concentrating all organizational authority in his own hands. A skilled lawyer who had served as Russell's chief legal advisor, he combined legal prowess with what opponents undoubtedly saw as a Machiavellian approach to internal corporate politics. Thus he used a loophole in their appointment to unseat the majority of the Watch Tower directors without calling a membership vote. And he even had a subordinate summon the police into the Society's Brooklyn headquarters offices to break up their board meeting and evict them from the premises. (Faith on the March by A. H. Macmillan, pp. 78-80)

After securing the headquarters complex and the sect's corporate entities, Rutherford turned his attention to the rest of the organization. By gradually replacing locally elected elders with his own appointees, he managed to transform a loose collection of semi-autonomous democratically-run congregations into a tight-knit organizational machine run from his office. Some local congregations broke away, forming such Russellite splinter groups as the Chicago Bible Students, the Dawn Bible Students, and the Laymen's Home Missionary Movement, all of which continue to this day. But most Bible Students remained under his control, and Rutherford renamed them "Jehovah's Witnesses" in 1931, to distinguish them from these other groups.

Meanwhile, he shifted the sect's emphasis from the individual "character development" Russell had stressed to vigorous public witnessing work, distributing the Society's literature from house to house. By 1927 this door-to-door literature distribution had become an essential activity required of all members. The literature consisted primarily of Rutherford's unremitting series of attacks against government, against Prohibition, against "big business," and against the Roman Catholic Church. He also forged a huge radio network and took to the air waves, exploiting populist and anti-Catholic sentiment to draw thousands of additional converts. His vitriolic attacks, blaring from portable phonographs carried to people's doors and from the loudspeakers of sound cars parked across from churches, also drew down upon the Witnesses mob violence and government persecution in many parts of the world.

Like Russell, Rutherford tried his hand at prophecy and predicted that biblical patriarchs Abraham, Isaac and Jacob would be resurrected in 1925 to rule as princes over the earth. (Millions Now Living Will Never Die, 1920, pp. 89-90) They failed to show up, of course, and Rutherford quit predicting dates. In fact, referring to that prophetic failure he later admitted, "I made an ass of myself." (The Watchtower, October 1, 1984, p. 24)

Source: http://www.eaec.org/cults/jehovahswitness.htm

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

YES ! although in the press it was not called a JC, it occurred in Wales 20 or so years ago, the accused turned up with acan of petrol saying "I am going to get Fred", he intended to douse with petrol his chief Elder adversary and set him alight !

The Police got there in time having been warned in time by the guys family if I recall correctly, and no harm was done.

I still have the Newspaper cutting somewhere, if I can locate it will add the full details.

• hoser
    hoser

If an accused in a judicial hearing flipped out at the elders and I mean really flipped out on the elders(yelling, screaming, threatening ,assaulting)

would

the police be called in or would the elders try to diffuse the situation and keep it within the congregation.

Former elders have you ever had to deal with a situation like this?

hoser

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit