Preaching the good news in Africa . . . WTS's future?

by sizemik 12 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• maisha
    maisha

did i push the buttone twice?... lol

• steve2
    steve2

Africa has potentially the most unstable JW growth - it has already spawned a number of truly weird - and occasionally frightening - Watchtower off-shoots. There was some brief publicity a few decades ago about a breakaway Watchtower movement headed by some charismatic man who drowned the people he baptized. Anyone remember this?

In general, in Africa wherever there has already been at least a smattering of Christianity to prepare the way so to speak - and a relative absence of Islam - JWs have thrived - yet even that thriving is at times not that impressive compared with the wide flourishing of the pentecostal movements throughout the continent.

• outsmartthesystem
    outsmartthesystem

Cedars - I agree......and I have an additional theory. My honest guess is that the GB knows they are bleeding money and they know that contributions are not going to come pouring in from Africa. But I think they believe their own bull****. I think they truly believe that those in Africa NEED these life saving publications and kingdom halls.........and that somehow....someway.....Jehovah will step in and provide a new revenue stream for them. It would not shock me at all if the WT lawyers are all very nervous about the future, but the GB is blissfully confident that Jehovah will lead the way. Just my two pesos.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit