Why I know the world is flat.
By Iamani Diot
The World is flat. This is the most important belief that I possess. This knowledge defines me, and is my point of reference for all that I believe.
These are the reasons that I know the world is flat:
- The Sun falls off of the edge of earth at night and reappears from below in the morning.
- Everyone who has left my village and journeyed to the West never has returned.
- The rain does not build up to a flood, because it drains off the edge of the earth.
- My family has known the fact that the world is flat for 1,000 generations. My father knew it was true, and his father all the way back to our ancient ancestors. Could all of these intelligent men be wrong for centuries? Impossible! This proves beyond the shadow of a doubt that the earth is flat.
- People have sacrificed their lives to affirm this truth that the earth is flat. Why would someone suffer and die for something that was not true?
Despite the abundant proof mentioned above, there are some among us who dispute the fact that the earth is flat. These ones are arrogant imposters, not of our sort, who are determined to corrupt our minds. They are mentally diseased.
The Devil has blinded their minds and gotten them to question the most basic of all truths. Once they question the simplest of truths and claim that the world is round; then their minds are open for all sorts of deception. One doubt is all it takes. My fellow Villagers, never let your hearts be tested by these foolish questionings of men. Always remember that one thing can never change....The world is flat. Let this truth safeguard you and reject the false arguments that the Devil makes.