Clean organization???Yeah, right!!!

by coffee_black 16 Replies latest jw friends

• coffee_black
    coffee_black

I am sure we all know stories that illustrate the hypocricy in the borg. The reality is a very different picture than the one they like to portray. Care to share a story?

Here's one I know of. The names have been changed to protect the innocent...er...guilty.

Lisa is the daughter of an elder (now deceased, but not at the time of these events) Lisa's marriage ended for undisclosed reasons, and no action was taken in the congregation. Lisa and Jan were best friends. Jan had problems in her marriage which she confided to Lisa.
    Lisa persued Jan's husband and used the confided information to drive the final wedge in the marriage. Lisa married Jan's ex-husband soon after the divorce. Jan moved out of state and remarried shortly there after. She soon divorced husband number 2 and remarried number 3, who is not a dub, but was studying. Lisa has since divorced Jan's ex, and I'm not sure of her marital status of the moment. No action was ever taken in any of the congregations involved. All of the individuals involved in this scenario (with the exception of Jan's husband number one, who is no longer a dub) shun me. Why? Because I left "Jehovah's clean organization".

File this under: Things that make you go hmmm.

• Fredhall
    Fredhall

Sounds like some good old fashioned gossip.

• blindfool
    blindfool

This reminds me of the hall my wife attends. I've gone with her on and off for the last 13 years.
    Sometimes it looks like musical chairs, this brother is now married to this sister who used to be married to that brother over there. It could make your head spin.
    Don't get me wrong, I see some who have been married for a long time, including my wife and I, 18 years. But some of these others...wow!

• coffee_black
    coffee_black

It would be, Fred, except that I didn't use any real names. The story is true, however. Gossip is designed to hurt people. That's not my purpose here at all. Just trying to show that they are no different than any other group of people. Certainly no better. There is an illusion among jws that none of this goes on in the organization, but if it did, it would be cleaned out. Not true.

cb

• Fredhall
    Fredhall

Coffee_black,

If this story wasn't related about JW's, the you would not post it at all.

• coffee_black
    coffee_black

Am I missing something, Fred? I'm posting it because it is JW related.
    It's a story that could come from Peyton Place, but it happened in an organization that claims to be clean. I know of many instances like this one. I was in the borg for almost 4 decades, and I lived in many places. The image they try to portray is an illusion.

cb

• Fredhall
    Fredhall

coffee_black,

I can mentioned alot of things that happened in the organization too. Also, I can mention alot of things that happen outside of the organization. But, I don't foam at my mouth or wack myself because of it.

• coffee_black
    coffee_black

I don't get all bent either, Fred. Just relating facts, as I know them. Hypocricy in the watchtower is more offensive to me because I grew up thinking it was something special. I felt special to be a part of it. Then the blinders came off, and I realized how corrupt it really is. Yes, there's corruption on the outside too. The difference is those on the outside don't claim to represent God.

cb

• zev
    zev

c_b

check your email

-Zev
    Learn about the Wtbts and the U.N.
    ** http://www.geocities.com/plowbitch69 **

• Fredhall
    Fredhall

coffee_black

Moses and others represent God and they were proud of doing it. However, they were not perfect and they never claim to be perfect. So, if you want to throw some eggs at someone, then throw some at yourself.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit