WT used cars

by Lady Lee 7 Replies latest jw friends

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Does any one have the link for WT used cars? Somebody posted the link where they sell the old CO cars. I am looking for the link and can't find it.

Rejoice in the healing and not in the pain.
    Rejoice in the challenge overcome and not in the past hurts.
    Rejoice in the present - full of love and joy.
    Rejoice in the future for it is filled with new horizons yet to be explored. - Lee Marsh 2002

• Amazing
  • ozziepost
    ozziepost

Wanna buy a good car, cheap? Guaranteed one owner. Not thrashed, driven carefully. Only used for short trips around the 'burbs.

Cheers,
    Ozzie

"If our hopes for peace are placed in the hands of imperfect people, they are bound to evaporate."

- Ron Hutchcraft Surviving the Storms of Stress

• ChuckD
    ChuckD

Perhaps I am in the minority on this, but the car sales business doesn't bother me at all. After all, they have to do something with them, and this seems like a prudent way to go.

There is plenty of legitimate issues to fault the WBTS about, but leasing cars for their field people and selling them afterward is hardly a cause for outcry. The jesus-witness page indignantly refers to these as "luxury" cars, as though the COs are traveling about in chauffer-driven Bentleys. These are Buicks for crying out loud. Boring four-door cars that they lease, use, and then sell. Just like hundreds of other companies do.

Getting on the Society's case about such insignificant (and easily justified) activities simply serves to detract from their many serious wrongdoings.

cd

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Thanks Amazing - added that to my collection of files

and no I don't want to buy one

I collect information. It may be minor but it is another brick in the wall

Rejoice in the healing and not in the pain.
    Rejoice in the challenge overcome and not in the past hurts.
    Rejoice in the present - full of love and joy.
    Rejoice in the future for it is filled with new horizons yet to be explored. - Lee Marsh 2002

• LB
    LB

Don't forget those free "no blood" keychains you can get from the site too. I have mine proudly displayed at the bottom of my septic tank.

Never Squat With Yer Spurs On

• roybatty
    roybatty

Chuck,

I can't say that I had a "problem" with the CO driving around in a brand new Buick. The only thing got under my skin was that the CO's car was nicer then most of the cars that those in the congregation drove and that he didn't have to pay for it.

• Amazing
    Amazing

Hi Chuck: I don't recall too many complaints on this. I am not sure that Circuit Leasing is owned by the Society ... I thought it was privately owned by a JW who built his business from serving the Society as his main customer ... but, even if the Society owns the dealership ... I am less roubled by it than other things they do.

Roybatty made a good point that the CO often drives a better car than the average JW publisher. In years gone by, men appointed to be CO had to be childless or grown children, seel their assets, and finance their own ministry ... and the congregations only made small contributions each visit to help pay for meals or some small items. The CO either stayed with local JWs, or in his own trailer, or in an apartment built adjacent to the K-Hall.

It was not until the Society moved toward no soliciting money for literature that they also started having each Circuit replacing cars for the CO. This grew in to getting a new car and the Society carrying insurance, or self-insuring with a commercial servicer ... and then recycling cars ... but, they could as easily trade the old car in as it still has good value ... and not run a business.

I compiling the over 100 to 150 WTS corporations, I have yet to find where the WTS owns this dealership. So, I just don't know.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit