Do-Not-Call Flyer Text: Your comments please.

by expatbrit 11 Replies latest jw friends

• JT
    JT

REPOST

here is some thoughts on the subject that I have tried

::::
    Let me share with you what we are currently doing in our Home Owners association. We have lots of vendors who stop by guys wanting to build decks, patios, cut grass, and JW coming by all the time
    well we have tried something in our Cul-de Sac were our home is located

we have a total of 11 homes on our street that ends in a cul-de-sac

well we have suggested to our neighbors to take advantage of a Program that the JW are NOW offering, it is called "DO NOT CALL"

it is free and it helps the jw to be able to be more effective in thier ministry by not calling on those who are already churching going folks and instead they can focus on the lost souls.

I explained it to them that this program is avaiable to anyone who asked to have their house included on this DO NOT CALL list and you don't even have to give your name . they will note the address and inform any jw who may be in the area and they will not call.

well 8 of 11 of my neigbors have requested to have thier house included- i am sure that the elders since they don't even know we live out here are wondering why they are gettting so many request on this one street.

well as a member of the board of home owners we plan on expanding this by informing the rest of the Assoication that this program is availble thru your local congregation of jw and it is Free simply by asking.

WE have a quarterly newletter with tips and updates of event in the community and also various services that many churches offer-
    day care, little league, boys scouts, and now JW - DO NOT CALL- LIST

it is going to be a riot- SMILE

you see right now in the State of Md there is a law pending in the Legistlative house that will make it illegal to call anyone on the phone to sell them anything if the householder has added thier name to a DO NOT CALL LIST

so since the JW are way ahead of the Legist. House of MD in that they have had a DO NOT CALL LIST FOR YEARS
    then we might as well take advantage of such a "Loving Provision" to have ones home removed from the jw call list

in my view this is what the city of Straton should do, to try and make it a law IS GOOFY IN MY VIEW , but to USE THE WT OWN PROGRAM is a wonderful idea , well we tried it on our street and it has worked well

to stand in my living room and watch the jw look at the territory card and see all those homes they can't call on and then to see them only hit 3 houses out of 11 is wonderful

in my view the DO NOT CALL list is the greatest invention that wt could have come up with to shoot themselves in the foot

just my 2

james

• Scully
    Scully

Expatbrit:

Scully: LOL! Spelchek! Why didn't I think of that! Good point about referencing a current case, as it would be more "immediate". On the other hand, not many people are familiar with current cases, and a name like NBC Dateline carries a lot of weight. Perhaps a bit of both would be good. Love the sticker! Is the design your own?

Actually, I "borrowed" that from Borgfree's profile . The 'golden Watchtower and bible' part is from the WTS's own website, and when they first came out with it, I tried to do exactly the same thing as Borgfree with the red NO circle-slash, but Borgfree's is much nicer than mine, and I didn't figure out how to do the picture uploading thing until a bit later....

I'm sure if any JW saw that in a window or door of any home, anywhere in the world, they would recognize it immediately, even though other people might not. I can just imagine the frustration the local dubs would experience at seeing one of those at every home in the area but their own!! LOL

Love, Scully

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit