california locations? cLEARLAKE, cA.

by rekless 19 Replies latest jw friends

• Scorpion
    Scorpion

LB,

You are right about Clear Lake. It is not only a mud hole, a big one at that, but is also filled with moss and slime.

I like Barryessa better.

• Makena1
    Makena1

Thanks for the info on Clearlake and Berryessa. I have made the journey to "mecca" aka Napa/Sonoma at least 3 times a year for the past 5 years. Each time I pass by the exit to Lake Berryessa, I say, next time I must take time out to see what the area looks like. So far, my hankering for good wine has take precedent. Maybe next time......

Mak

Some men worship rank, some worship heroes, some worship power, some worship God, & over these ideals they dispute & cannot unite--but they all worship money.
    - Mark Twain

• Amazing
    Amazing

HI rekless: Email me when you get a chance. Thanks.

• Mulan
    Mulan

Is that the big lake, that it takes forever to pass, on the road going West, from Williams CA?

My grandmother lived in Ukiah, and we went there a few times. She wasn't a dub, but we went to the Memorial there once.

• Amazing
    Amazing

Hi Mulan: Yes ... that is the Big lake you see driving from Williams to Lakeport and/or Ukiah. Been there many times.

• KistByQpid
    KistByQpid

Mulan,

Yep...Clearlake is closest to Williams, and you have to drive around it to get to Ukiah. Berryessa, is in Napa County.

• wokeup
    wokeup

Used to go fishin'in the summer there back in the 70's. Hot as hell. Steelhead trout at lower lake was some good eatin'.Was a 2 hour drive from the Bay Area.My roommate back then spent 5 years at vacaville during the Juan Corona years. He never got to see good ol' Charlie though.

• VeniceIT
    VeniceIT

My gramma lives in Gridly, and my unc in Ubah City or whatever it's called!

Ven

"Come and GET em while there hot, take one and pass it on"

• hungry4life
    hungry4life

Hi Venice it's Yuba City and Gridley. I mean come on we were voted worst place to live by Forbes Magazine (about 10 years ago) so everyone should be able to spell it by now [:D)],Marysville and Live Oak are nearby too and we are about 1 1/2 hours from Clearlake. Never been to the hall there though.

• KistByQpid
    KistByQpid

wokeup,

A friend's dad used to work at Vacaville State Prison...for the criminally insane. He used to tell us stories about "Charlie" all the time. From my understanding they rotate the guards around the little nut-bar a lot. I don't know if this is true, but one time they were remodeling and there was a crew of floor/tile installers working in close proximity to Charlie...well I guess he was staring and creeping out several of the construction workers who left and refused to go back until they put him where he couldn't stare at them!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit