At the Kingdom Hall

by paradisebeauty 14 Replies latest jw friends

• dubstepped
    dubstepped
    My wife and I have had a similar conversation. If you look in the Bible, all of these big players in the grand scheme of things were people that went against the status quo. They actually stood up for truth as they saw it or as Jehovah showed it to them. You cannot do that within the confines of the organization. What is it that you read story after story on here about that the elders ask you if you express doubts? It seems to be, "do you still believe that this is the one true religion?". Well, I believe that it is one religion, and that it has some truth in it, but no, it isn't the only religion with truth as a component. What we were taught wasn't all true either, see the many predictions that fell through to give way to "new light". It also has some very toxic components to it and the organization seems to have become bigger than actual truth. But if you are one that sees it, people will condemn you. It is a lonely place to be, but I've always marched to the beat of my own drummer, so be it.
  • Crazyguy
    Crazyguy
    If a religion was anything like the Christ of the bible it would be full of free thinkers and mavericks all discussing the bible and arguing over it. All happy they could be apart of a group that were trying at all times to do exactly what Jesus supposedly taught. All apostates of the norm of Christendom of today all going against the grain to be like Jesus. This Borg we are all or once all apart of is nothing like Jesus, it wants and demands conformity not to the teachings of Christ but to the teachings of men.
  • paradisebeauty
    paradisebeauty

I realize that self expression in this religion is forbidden. It is the first time I clearly see this.

It is paintful and don't know if I should continue, fading and not telling people what I understand from the Bible

or just leaving ...

• pbrow
    pbrow

When you realize that it is forbidden.... not constrained or discouraged but actually forbidden, I think your options are very limited if you are trying to reach your full potential. You need to get out. If you have kids in this organization you must actively, not passively work against it. If you have "friends" or family in and are afraid of losing those relationships then leaving is something only you can decide on.

All of us have had friends and family that we literally in one day just lost. As much as people still in think that they have true friendships, they are kidding themselves. It is not easy but it is completely worth it. I do not have to pretend I like the meetings or have to bite my tongue if I see a jw in passing. I am free to be me... in all my tobacco chewing bearded glory.

Good luck, The journey is worth it no matter how long it takes!

pbrow

• millie210
    millie210
    paradisebeauty
    I realize that self expression in this religion is forbidden. It is the first time I clearly see this.
    It is paintful and don't know if I should continue, fading and not telling people what I understand from the Bible
    or just leaving ..

We all had that "first time" to clearly see what you are seeing.

You are at the beginning of a thought process.

Take your time, being thoughtful about a thought process is a good thing!

It reminds me of feeling ones way across a dark, unfamiliar room, hands out in front of you, eyes stretched wide, feet carefully placed with each step.

Talking about it is good and thre are lots of people here to support you in finding your own way.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit