What changes ?

by happy man 11 Replies latest jw friends

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

HappyMan,

The changes needed are quite obvious even to some members of the GB itself. How these changes should be implemented without beaking up the WTS is the problem that they have to contend with.

One change which must be made at some stage reveolves around the whole issue of exclusivity. Jesus showed that the 'wheat and weeds' are still growing together waiting to be sorted. The WTS claim that though the sorting began with Jesus, its main event was from 1919 onwards.

This is theological rubbish.

As to re-joining the WTS, well Happyman, I know that often the bickering and quarelling on this Board might not always reflect it, but most of us have grown up and moved on in our spiritual lives. I view the WTS days as my theological infancy, I am now charting my own course in life and am quite prepared to take the reponsibility of this action.

Best regards to you, and thank you for your private mail - HS

• celebrate
    celebrate

NEVER, EVER, EVER, would I go back. I don't allow JW's to come into my home, nor will I take their literature. There is a great book called "Courage: the art of living dangerously" by Osho. Part of what attracted me was his stand that the ability to be sure makes a person stop thinking, and once you stop thinking, you stop living. Living is a wild, joyous, roller coaster ride. When I was in JW, I knew everything - who would be saved, what the new world would look like, when the world would end. It does not get much more sure then that. Along the way, I missed living. I missed people who enriched my life because they were not "saved". I missed Christmas, and holidays, and birthdays, and I must have missed the end of the world, because we are way beyond 1975.

So much for being sure!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit