Your paradisaic garden design if money were no...

by Celtic 14 Replies latest jw friends

• Celtic
    Celtic

If money was no object for you, you had the space to develop a beautiful landscaped garden, what would you do to design your ideal space, how creative can you be?

Let your imagination roam, would you perhaps incorporate music within your garden theme? What colour scheme would you go for? What textures would you add to the sensory pleasure of the space? Would you incorporate the elements of fire and/or water? Would you use sculpture? What materials would you avail yourself the use of?

What guiding principles might you combine to create your little space of paradise?

Kindest regards

Mark

• nelly136
    nelly136

being an avid non gardner i want something that looks good that i dont have to mow or look after, so multicoured mosaic astro turf would be fine, few pots and plants fruitbearing and self managing (no marigolds yuk)
    underfoot lighting here and there to give a glow, bright and cheerful
    coloured fence or wall
    nelly

• Celtic
    Celtic

Nelllllyyy yam balmpot, astro turf, aghhhhhh puke. I'm sorry, but you know my feelings on permaculture and you mention artificial grass, tell you what I'll do, if this summer I'm up your way, I'll make a point of designing your near perfect space, draw up the plans etc and do it next to nothing for you, just cover the cost of materials, how does that sound? But NO astro turf, hell girl, you ain't half still got the power to surprise me at times!

Love

Mark

• nelly136
    nelly136

but think of all the electric or petrol id save, that would make
    it pretty environmentally friendly eh?
    no chemicals to kill weeds either
    much as I'd like to take you up on the offer of design I cant even stretch to materials and my mower is buried somewhere in the hip high grass between the back door and the bottom fence lol,
    nelly

ps youre welcome to bring a strimmer or napalm when ya come down

• Celtic
    Celtic

OK, some time this summer, I'm up for doing it, no probs and we can keep costs to the barest minimum, don't worry, look forward to doing this for you k?

Peace

Mark

• nelly136
    nelly136

ok, you strim , i'll feed ya
    nelly

• Waygooder64
    Waygooder64

I think I would live by a stream with lions and lambs licking each other and there would be many plates of fruit and all my friends would be of many racial types.I would be holding laughing baby high over my head too! The lawns would be perfectly manicured by a magic theocratic lawnmower and the air would not smell of the 6 billion rotting people that did not make it.It would be a picnic that lasts forever!That would be so.......boring.I mean how many grapes and oranges can one person eat!I think I would probably take over Bill Gates` house.I mean he is the richest man in the world and he has a nice pad.I would probably have to fistfight an elder for the joint though...

• Celtic
    Celtic

Waygooder Sarcasm is considered here the lowest form of wit, I'm sure really, deep down inside, you dont want to be known for this lack of quality being a newbie here an all that, check the question back again, and if you have anything worthwhile to add, please do so, if not, don't bother next time, cheers all the same.

OK Nelly, will be pleased to do so.

Mark
    From the not prepared to take absolute bull shitters class

• nelly136
    nelly136

lol way, i think i'll skip the lions, can ya
    imagine the size of that kitty shit in your flower pots
    nelly

• Englishman
    Englishman

Celtic,

My garden is one of those places that only gets used for 5 - 6 months of the year, so I tend to go for big colourful displays that are quite temporary.

I have a large chestnut tree that blocks off much of the light, however I grow fuschias beneath it quite succesfully. Mimulus does well here too. I plant loads of antirhhinums, pinched well out so they are bushy. In the sunny parts I usually have salpiglossis, petunias, surfinia and ivy leaf geraniums. I like to grow freesia's in tubs too. Sometimes I plant new potato's in grow-bags, I will often grow runner beans in the same way.

My lawn is shaped like an artist's palette, I experimented with it's outline using a hose-pipe as a marker.

Englishman.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit