What's the real reason for the Flame wars????

by tyydyy 35 Replies latest jw friends

• dmouse
    dmouse

I'm with you rhett, people take the things said on this board way too seriously.

If I don't like a poster I don't click on his/her thread, or skip past it. Simple.

The real reason for the flame wars? Maybe I'm being paranoid here but has anyone thought of the possibility that it may be the Society's way of destroying a boards credibility which then makes people move on? Think what happened to H2O, which used to be the main threat on the net to the WBTS. It consumed itself in the fire of flame wars and is now just a charred remnent of its former glory. This board will go the same way unless we agree to act like adults and not squabbling children.

So chill out people...let's not give the WBTS the satisfaction of seeing another place of refuge go down the tubes.

• Abaddon
    Abaddon

In real life, man-man platonic friendships and woman-woman platonic relationships have different dynamics.

Guys fall out, but if blows up and is over.

Women work differently. They are far more socially aware than men, and their relationships with other women are more complicated as a result.

See the pattern of behaviour in a school yard. Boys who are friends and fall out have a fight, and solve the problem. Girls who are friends and fall out instigate a whole set of social operations to put the person they have fallen out with on the outside of the social circle.

It's a stereotype, but it's the only one I have which fits watching bust-ups like this take place on boards; they almost always involve women at the core, although obviously men get involved too, often acting out self-appointed roles, or being pushed into them by clever social grooming on the part of the females involved.

• ladonna
    ladonna

Abaddon,

Some women can agree to disagree as well. We aren't all mean at each other. And when we develop friendships they are quite deep and meaningful.

Hey, what has your argument got to do with PMSLOL's

Ana

• joelbear
    joelbear

Abaddon,

The men make up quick because they don't want to mess up the chance of having sex with each other.

That's my theory anyway.

Joel

• Abaddon
    Abaddon

ladonna; meant no more as a stereotype for discussion; and yes, womens relationships do tend to be deeper. But stick five guys in a flat at Uni together for a year, and there will not be the grouping and re-grouping of 'best friends' that you would see in a flatshare with five girls; I've seen this too many times for it to be chance.

• VeniceIT
    VeniceIT

COME GET YOUR "CYBER-MIDOL", come and Get it!!!! if you order now we'll also throw in a free set if ginsu knives (hmmm maybe that's not such a good combo, better supersize that midol)

Ven

• safe4kids
    safe4kids

ROFL@Ven!

And I think you better NOT include the knives! I don't need the cyber Midol NOW but I sure as heck coulda used it a few days ago!

Dana

• tyydyy
    tyydyy

I don't know if it's scientific or not but I have found that when my signifigant other is on the rag, I tend to get a little moody myself. Maybe that would explain a little more.

Yes ladies, that's right, I'm not always the perfect supportive gentleman that I appear to be. Sometimes I'm an asshole, for lack of a better word. But it's all my wife's fault. Her and that Damn Period.

TimB

• Andyman
    Andyman

I have seen this happen on several boards, H20 included.

Things are going along pretty well, sure there are disagreements but not any that can't be solved. The JW's come on and things get hot, but still not anything that can't be worked out, and then more come on and pretty soon everyone is at each others throats. Then others start posting who claim to be "ex-JW's" but don't act like it, they simply cause more problems and keep the fires going! Pretty soon everyone is attacking everyone else and the boards end up like H20.

Now I don't post here very much, but I do read this board every day. This has become what H20 used to be, the hottest site on the net for discussion on JW's. Now I really don't think the society likes this, and I know that those "loyal" JW's don't. Getting this board to take the same route as H20 would make the society happy as well as the "active" loyal JW's who come here.

Please don't let that happen. This board helps those that are really looking for help, and it helps those active JW's who are starting to question things in their own mind. This board needs to survivie what is happening and go back to the informative board is started out to be.

This has already been said but if you don't like the person don't read their posts! It's pretty simple and it really does work. Also don't let the "trolls" get under your skin, that's what they are trying to do.

Just my 2 cents worth here.

Take care.

Andyman:

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

rhett

My guess would be people just don't have better things to do with their time and/or waaaaaaaaaay too much importance attached to this board.
    I don't need to fight
    To prove I'm right
    I don't need to be forgiven.

Were all a bunch of teeagers and this is our waste land.
    plm

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit