My Assembly Experience

by Clambake 12 Replies latest jw experiences

• Clambake
    Clambake
    1. JW literally take forever to say nothing. After a whole day of listening how to obtain “ peace” , I am not sure if I obtain peace from obeying mosaic law, having a relationship to Jehovah though Jesus or be baptized and have a direct line to Jehovah. Every speaker tries to out bore and contract the other one. Not only it is just fluff, it doesn’t even make sense.

2. Baptism talk. Old lady gets up a talks about the opposition she faced from family when she started to study with the witnesses. All I could think was what a total load of bullshit, try studying with other Christians or going to another church and see what happens. A former South Korean brother talks about his jail experience, All I remember was hearing about how 21 christians were beheaded in Libya by ISIS listening to CBC that morning. Never hear about that in the KH.

3. C.O and wife get up give life story. Both had never ever had a job , pioneering since leaving high school. I would be absolutely ashamed to admit that. 40 years old and never worked a day in his or her life.

Makes a few odd statements. Tells people to respectful of other peoples beliefs. Never mentions the magical men in Brooklyn. Tells people that the average person is misinformed about the JWs. One objection we get is we let our kids bleed to death instead of getting blood transfusions and nothing could be further from the truth. Never explained himself after.

4. Lunch hour some kid comes up and talks to me , real young dumb and full of cum. Since I don’t wear a tie, asked if I was a witness and asked if I believe Jesus and Jehovah are the same person. I ask him who he thinks “ the angel of the lord “ in the old testament is ? Then ask him what he thinks of some of the contractions in the old testament about who has seen or hear god ??

Ask him if he as ever read the book of John in the new testament ? I ask him if knows what a Theophany is and how it can be a deity ?? Little shit then walks away in the middle of my questions. He really though he was going to blow me away with “ Did you know God has a name and it is Jehovah “ .

5. Day ends with a Bethel speaker. Guy takes dull and boring to a whole different level. I walk out during the shunning part of the talk. Elder/Security wants to know why. I reply “ this is unclean “. You should have seen the look on his face.

• millie210
    millie210

Wow Clambake, I cant believe that someone even bothered to ask you "why" when you got up to leave.

That gives me hope...in a weird sort of way. Now I am wondering if it was just his own alertness or if that is happening more and more and the attendants were told to be aware of it and ask.

• Muddy Waters
    Muddy Waters

Ha!

And this is the "knowledge that leads to everlasting life"!! Bah!!!

The drones drone on...

• tiki
    tiki
    why even subject yourself to the misery in the first place....time wasted.........
  • Sour Grapes
    Sour Grapes
    Thanks for sharing.
  • DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

DAMN! We must have missed that Assembly.

Oh well, maybe next time.

Maybe.

NOT.

Doc

• Clambake
    Clambake

The part that shocked me was how uneducated the C.O and his wife was. To me getting an education from Bethel is kind of like working at McDonalds and getting a degree from Hamburger University. Not just his lack of academic schooling but just lack of practical life skills is quite shocking. Come to think of it, have never really heard of any serious academic being a JW , outside of one nutjob in Norway. Call me crazy but I don’t want to take spiritual advice from a guy who has never applied for a loan or knows how to change a tire.

The not being rude and obnoxious was quite refreshing. I come from a congregation that is quite known for its lack of humility with its BOE. They literally can’t conduct a meeting without going five minutes using the term false religion, the false religions of Christendom and worldly people. They are even known as real assholes in other congregations.

Not really sure about the blood comment. It was either we don’t kill children or don’t want our children to die. He said it was all misinformation. Bullshit, whatever he said it was a half-truth. I think it was “ we don’t want our children to die “.

The funniest part is he didn’t conduct himself in a boring as watching paint dry kind of way. You could tell he secretly watched Joel Osteen and Joseph Prince. I couldn’t help but think you f-ing fake.

• hoser
    hoser
    Was it worth going just to keep your old lady happy?
  • blondie
    blondie

I personally know they massage those experiences...close to lying sometimes. My husband gave one and by the end he hardly recognized it.

An older sister was picked and prompted with 3x5 cards, but she ended sticking to the truth.

• flipper
    flipper

" This is unclean " . LOL. Classic ! I love it. Peace out, Mr. Flipper

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit