2015 Convention Reminders Video!

by Atlantis 59 Replies latest watchtower bible

• leaving_quietly
    leaving_quietly

Going against popular opinion here... I rather enjoyed the video. The message, blah, blah, blah... same ol', same ol'... I think they're trying to spice up an otherwise boring part on the meeting. However, I enjoy this style of video, regardless of the message. It's fun to watch. Maybe I'll try doing one of these myself when I get some time. As someone mentioned, it's pretty simple to get done via software, such as VideoScribe.

• thedepressedsoul
    thedepressedsoul

I'd like to touch on what someone said about Witnesses being huge A holes there.

As a parking attendant we'd ask brothers and sisters not to drop off on the side of the building where the buses were pulling in and to please drop off at the proper spot on the other side of the building.

Dude, those guys would pull up 10 feet and whoever had to get dropped off would go running out of the car right after I kindly asked them to pull to the other side of the building. It was nuts. This would happen so many times that it got old.

As an inside attendance I remember seeing sister 100lbs over weight pioneer book it down the hallway to get her seat.

You ask people to not save an extra seat and they give you the death stare. I kid you not there are some very very rude people there.

Soon they're going to come out with a video on how to wipe your ass properly.

• ToesUp
    ToesUp
    When my kids were little I tried to avoid the crowded areas so my kids wouldn't get trampled. These people are so selfish and have the me first attitude. It's always fun to contain a fidgety active 2 year old for 3 days of sitting at a mind numbing assembly. I used to bring books and other stuff to entertain my kids. The dirty looks were amazing. Oh! If you had to get up and walk the fidgety/fussy 2 year old then you would get the "Please be seated" sign stuck in your face. I always wanted to leave the 2 year old with the Ass***** who would stick the sign in my face. I would love to see how the little dweeb handled the kid. lol
  • done4good
    done4good

Did the couple eating lunch together @3:31 have a chaperone?

• suavojr
    suavojr

This video makes me ill

• TheListener
    TheListener

Why did everyone dress like it was the 1950s and is it me or was 99.99% of everyone in the video supposed to be a white person?

For me it's not that the video was wrong but I cannot believe they would show this at a meeting. The witnesses from the 1940s and 1950s must be rolling over in their graves. Can you imagine what Fred Franz or Knorr would say about this stuff?

• steve2
    steve2

I love the zippy music playing in the background making the chirpy "admonition" light and easy to digest. This is aimed at all Witnesses, young and old alike, showing that the Watchtower writers do not discriminate: They speak patronizingly to every age-group. Imagine belonging to a group in which you need to be reminded not to stampede in your quest for a good seat. Remember that old person you're about to crush under foot could be a loyal sister. Sounds like a regular day's outing with the boys.

• wheelwithinwheel
  • wheelwithinwheel
  • Wakanda
    Wakanda

I'm fifth generation born in. :( Anyway, here's a convention reminder video story on how I woke up:

One evening while listening to the meeting at home as I normally did due to severe allergies I googled convention reminders because I wanted to see the video everyone else was watching! There was no JW approved way to watch it at that time except to go meeting. Anyway, it popped up from google and I watched it. I think a link was provided from this site, but I remember being taken to another video watching site that I didn't recognize, and the video was private. I could only get to it and watch it through the link from jehovahs-witnesses.com. I was disturbed by the comments I saw, and quickly realized it was.... apostates! Well, I was just glad to have watched it... But, a seed was planted, thank the Universe, Gaia, God, Science, or whoever! I don't remember how or why, a couple months later, I stumbled on Eric Struggles disfellowshipping video during meeting and I couldn't help watching all of them that night. It took from the end of meeting till about 2:00 a.m. I drank a bottle of wine and disagreed with Eric the whole time (cognitive dissonance, eh?). However, again a seed was planted, and I started thinking (independently, oh no! ;). In large part because he was good at talking to those elders and so sincere, a quality almost completely missing in JWdom. Then I started searching, found JWfacts, which was scary at first, but became totally addicting! A few months later I decided to re-watch Eric's videos and agreed with about 85% by that time! Now I'm totally awake and trying to help friends and family wake up and trying not to throw up when I have pretend in field circus or when I "try" to go to a meeting (testing the allergies).

Keep those leaks coming!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit