Taze

by GermanXJW 15 Replies latest jw friends

• GermanXJW
    GermanXJW

Has anyone ever heard of the name 'Taze' before? The one and only person with this name I have ever heard of is Charles Taze Russell.

Is anyone familiar with it? Maybe there were some early Bible Students that named their offspring after him?

Just curious.

• borgfree
    borgfree

Hi GermanJW,

Come to think of it, I have never known anyone to name their children after someone in the WT. Thank goodness my parents didn't.

Borgfree

"Kindness in words creates confidence. Kindness in thinking creates profoundness. Kindness in giving creates love." Lao-tzu
  • Undecided
    Undecided

Hi,

There was one in our congregation named Taze Newton, I don't know if he was named after the infamous Charles or not. His dad was a JW from way back in his day. They are both dead now.

Ken P.

• Dutchie
    Dutchie

I have a JW cousin and HER middle name is "Franz".

• LDH
    LDH

GJW,

The reason you've never heard of it before is because it was a ---typographical error!!!!

His parents meant to name him Charles CRAZE Russell.

Lisa
    Joe Rather-flawed Class

• GermanXJW
    GermanXJW

In the 1800/1900s, at least in Germany many brethren - including Branch Servant Paul Balzereit - cultivated a beard like C.T.Russell. When Rutherford saw that, he made a deal with Balzereit: he had to take off the beard to get something from the Judge (I can't remember what).

• Scully
    Scully

We were in one congregation (which shall remain nameless) where there was one little boy, he'd be about 14 now, by the name of Taze.

I felt sorry for him even then.

Love, Scully

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

I have heard of Taz and he was a mania. ha ha

HINDSIGHT IS 20/20

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

"DEVIL" THAT IS!!

• Princess
    Princess

Some friends named their son Taze after the big guy. He is 7 now.

Princess

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit