Is their anyway of quantifying how many Jehovah`s Witnesses have died due to the no blood policy since the 1940`s ?

by smiddy 10 Replies latest watchtower bible

• smiddy
    smiddy

This is something I would be most interested in ,especially concerning the number of children involved ,where their deaths were veiwed as martyrs of the faith. As an aside I would wonder how many parents who supported their childs decision to not take blood now have reservations about that decision.

Surely their must be some way of identyfying how many adults have died due to their beleifs as a jehovah`s witness in abstaining from blood since the 1940`s till now

smiddy

• sizemik
    sizemik

Marvin Shilmer has done quite a bit of research on this subject. I know he has researched numbers from multiple hospital statistics.

If he doesn't see your post, PM him.

• smiddy
    smiddy

Thank you sizemik will do

smiddy

• 3rdgen
    3rdgen

Smiddy, i don't know the answer to your question but i can give you an example of a situation that wouldn't show up in statistics. My parents were in a head-on car accident in 1948 where my mother nearly died due to the refusal of blood. She was just too tough to die. How many others suffered near death experiences due to refusal of blood?

• 3rdgen
    3rdgen

Another statistic that wouldn't show up would be: The children who WOULD HAVE DIED but for the fact that the authorties made the child a "ward of the court" thereby taking the decision out of the hands of the parents. This happened in my family. The baby was given blood against the JW parents wishes and the child lived and thrived. The Elder father told me he was GLAD the decision was taken out of his hands and it turned out well for his child.

• JunkYardDog
    JunkYardDog

i did some research on this years ago on average it"s about EIGHT HUNDRED to two thousand jw"s a year< many young jw woman lose there life in child birth< as woman bleed

• cedars
    cedars

Further to Sizemik's comment, I believe this is the thread you're looking for...

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/friends/222442/1/More-than-50-000-DEAD

The 50,000 figure is an extrapolation, but based on some solid numbers out of New Zealand.

Cedars

• sizemik
    sizemik

Cheers Cedars . . . I went looking for that thread unsuccessfully. I can't believe it's 5 months old.

Smiddy will probably recall it as well.

I believe Marvin's extrapolation is conservative (eg it doesn't account for JW's who don't declare their religion on hospital records), but this only adds to the integrity of the figures IMO . . . that they are in no way exaggerated, and include only verifiable cases. The actual number may well be significantly higher.

• Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer

-

I believe Marvin's extrapolation is conservative (eg it doesn't account for JW's who don't declare their religion on hospital records), but this only adds to the integrity of the figures IMO . . . that they are in no way exaggerated, and include only verifiable cases. The actual number may well be significantly higher.

My article addressing this statistic is More than 50,000 dead available at: http://marvinshilmer.blogspot.com/2012/02/more-than-50000-dead.html

My extrapolation is intentionally formed based on very conservative values (published hard numbers) that are indisputable. A liberal but defensible estimate could range higher than 250,000.

Marvin Shilmer

http://marvinshilmer.blogspot.com

• smiddy
    smiddy

Thank`s for refreshing my memory guys , thats just what I was looking for.

I realise that the other question I posed could never be answered , how many who made the decision to let their child die and now regret it ,waking up to the fact the religion is a cult.

The guilt you would feel would be terrible , I imagine.

smiddy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit