I'm Hungry & Want Some Ideas For This Weekend, Please

by minimus 23 Replies latest jw friends

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Salmon BBQ`d on Wood Plank with Foccacia..

&

Grilled Vegetables..

...................... ...OUTLAW

• 00DAD
    00DAD

Outlaw , excellent idea about the Cedar Plank Salmon, Love it!!!

Here's a recipe minimus

The local Von's and Ralph's sell cedar planks for $5 - 7 for two. Pre-soak one in cold water for at least an hour before grilling.

I suggest using ONLY use Wild Caught Alaskan Salmon. Never use farmed Atlantic salmon.

Preheat the BBQ to 350-400 degrees °F. In the meantime generously coat the salmon with a basting sauce of melted butter, brown sugar and fresh squeezed lemon juice.

Place the soaked cedar plank on the grill for 3 minutes. After 3 minutes, flip the cedar plank and immediately place the salmon fillet on it.

Close the grill. Come back in 11 minutes or so depending on the size and thickness of the fillet. I usually cook a 3/4 lb. to 1 lb. fillet. When the internal temp of the salmon is 140 °F or thereabouts you're good!

Serve with a nice rice pilaf or risotto, parmesan roasted asparagus and a nice Pinot Noir. 00WIFE and I love this!

------------------------------------------------------------

Parmesan Roasted Asparagus

Ingredients

• 2 1/2 pounds fresh asparagus (about 30 large)
    • 2 tablespoons good olive oil
    • 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
    • 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
    • 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan
    • 2 lemons cut in wedges, for serving

Directions

Preheat the oven to 400 degrees °F.

If the stalks of the asparagus are thick, peel the bottom 1/2 of each. Lay them in a single layer on a sheet pan and drizzle with olive oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Roast for 15 to 20 minutes, until tender. Sprinkle with the Parmesan and return to the oven for another minute or so. Serve with lemon wedges.

------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/ina-garten/parmesan-roasted-asparagus-recipe/index.html

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW
    I have a rack of pork ribs ... :)

Oh these are going to be good!..

Place ribs in roasting pan.Pour in thin layer of water..

Season with spices..

Seal roasting pan with Aluminum foil..

Cook for 1hr 15min..400F..

Finish on BBQ grill ..Baste with blueberry sauce every 5 min..for 15-20 min..

Your done..

The meat should fall off the bone..The flavours will be unbelievable..

........................ ...OUTLAW

• 00DAD
    00DAD

Talesin's blueberry-jalapeno jelly reminded me of another fave of mine, Grilled Skirt Steak with Roasted Jalapeno Chimichurri, grilled bell peppers and onions and a side of steamed rice. Mmmm! You'll want to pair this with a full-bodied red wine such as a big cabernet or a tasty Zinfandel.

Grilled Skirt Steak with Roasted Jalapeno Chimichurri

Ingredients

• 2 jalapeno chiles
    • 2 cups cilantro leaves and sprigs, finely chopped, and/or
    • 2 cups parsley leaves and sprigs, finely chopped
    • 4-6 garlic cloves, minced
    • 3 tbsp fresh lime juice
    • 3 tbsp dry red wine
    • 1 tbsp red-wine vinegar
    • 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for brushing
    • Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
    • Optional:
      • Red pepper flakes, and/or
      • Chile powder
      • 1/4 Onion
      • Oregano
    • One 2-lb skirt steak

Directions

Preheat a grill or grill pan to high.

Roast the jalapenos on the grill until charred on all sides. Put in a bag or covered bowl to steam and cool a little; then peel, stem, and seed the chiles.

Put the jalapenos, cilantro, parsley, garlic, lime juice, red wine, vinegar, olive oil, and salt and pepper to taste in a food processor or blender and pulse to blend. Taste for salt, adding more if needed, and blend again.

Brush the steak with olive oil and generously season both sides with salt and pepper. Grill the steak, turning once, until medium-rare, 3 to 5 minutes per side, depending on thickness. Transfer to a plate, tent with foil, and let rest 5 to 10 minutes. Slice the steak 1/2 inch thick across the grain with the knife blade tilted at a 45 degree angle, pile on a serving platter, and top with some chimichurri; pass extra sauce at the table. Serves 4.

- - - - - - -

People who haven't worked a lot with jalapenos, Scotch bonnets, anchos, guajillos, and poblanos might not realize that these different spicy chiles also have pronounced and unique flavors - or that those flavors change when the peppers are roasted or grilled. Here, the grassy-herbal jalapeno picks up a bittersweet char on the grill and still lends its familiar kick to this variation on garlicky South American chimichurri sauce. And there's no better cut for this recipe than juicy, chewy-in-the-best-way skirt steak, grilled just to medium-rare.

BTW, I've tried the chimichurri with just cilantro and just parsley and found that for my tastes it is definitely better when you use 1/2 of both! Mmmm.

• Scully
    Scully

PB&J not cutting it anymore?

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

BBQ Virgin Lamb..

Lack of Ram..

............................ ...OUTLAW

• talesin
    talesin

OUTLAW - yup, that's how I do my ribs! steamed, then finished on the barby. tks so much ... :D

lol, LACK OF RAM mwah haha,, Irish Stew tomorrow ... mmmmmmmmm

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Mussels. I just had mussels and I like them.

• nancy drew
    nancy drew

prime rib with creamy horseradish is very tasty

or

do you have a restaurant called the bonefish grill near you they have some really good grilled trout with lemon butter sauce

• minimus
    minimus

I just had rotisserie chicken breast from the local supermarket.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit