WTBS- portrait of a narcissist?

by SophieG 10 Replies latest jw friends

• SophieG
    SophieG

So I recently discovered someone I have known for a while is a classic grade a narcissist! Took me a while to figure it out and scared the daylights out of me....huge learning lesson!

But it got me thinking if the org could be considered a Narc too. I came across this:

http://samvak.tripod.com/journal79.html

Very interesting read....I am sure that I'm kinda late on the discovery but I wanted to share it anyway!

Oldly enough my reaction to both this person and the org was the same: RUN SOPHIE, RUN!!!!!

• baltar447
    baltar447

Interesting. I know that there are strong similarities from an abusive spouse to the Watchower organization.

Isn't it Narcissistic to claim that your organization is the SOLE channel of God on earth?

• SophieG
    SophieG

Oohhh...baltar yah! I could see that!

• jgnat
    jgnat

The behavior of the WTS reminds me most of a large, dysfunctional bureaucracy. Even those within know there are problems but the machine is self-perpetuating and resistant to change. Those in power allow themselves to be treated as cogs in a wheel, pushing responsibility off to some other poor sod.

• baltar447
    baltar447

Of course, I would say that many abusive spouses could in fact, also be Narcissistic .

• Fernando
    Fernando

I wonder how a psychopath corresponds to the profile of a narcissist in the OP link?

• jgnat
    jgnat

I'd go with that, baltar. I recognized that my abuser hated himself. In my battered body, he saw a reflection of the worst in him. He dearly wanted to wipe my image off the face of the earth.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Cold the WTS wish for a hurried end to "this old world" be a death wish? The GB sure is getting old.

• SophieG
    SophieG

It is ironic but I noticed the odd behavior in this individual over time while dealing with him. I was involved with him for a short period of time many years ago...broke up with him, but he'd keeping popping into my life periodically. I was withholding (sweet) Narcissistic Supply ( NS), not intentionally but as a natural reaction to the bad treatment as self preservation. Basically I was a strong emotional force resisting a weak one. It was not until a psychiatrist suggested to me the possibility of his narcissism that I was able to understand AND manipulate him enough to get him off my back. This also helped me realize that my abusive JW ex had narc "tendencies"! I took my NS away when I left him twice and unintentionally manipulated him away from me. The sick thing is they are like junkies! You eventually learn how to administer the "drug" to where they don't want it or go they seek another form of NS! The WTBS is the cult narc! They abuse the same way... They have all the characteristics! But you CAN manipulate them too to get away! You end up the winner!!! YES!

• SophieG
    SophieG

....further down the wormhole...

http://samvak.tripod.com/narcissistgod.html

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit