What's up with this?!? - The Newbury Park KH in California has a Facebook page!

by 00DAD 16 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• cobaltcupcake
    cobaltcupcake

I think it is funny that 12 people checked in there, but no one liked it.

LOL!!!

"Like us and get a free green bible!"

http://scottleblog.wordpress.com

The Odd Life of Jehovah's Witnesses

• XBEHERE
    XBEHERE

At the last km school they specifically stated that this is not to be done. Congregations are to not have any website, email address, twitter account, or Facebook page period! They are going to get a "spanking" from their CO.

• Scott77
    Scott77

I think, probably some wanabe elders decided its a good idea to set up one as long as its used like Yellow Book directory to guide interested public to the kingdom hall meetings. You remember, facebook has different types of pages. I think, the watchtower is against individual facebook page as opposed to an organisation/institutional facbook page similar to the one set up Her Majesty, the Queen of England. I predict, at sometimes later, the Watcthtower at the behest of the 'new light', will set up its own facebook page.

Scott77

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

they did not set it up, if you would put ANY business mailing address in the facebook search engine, it will show up on facebook.

• 00DAD
    00DAD

Iamallcool: they did not set it up, if you would put ANY business mailing address in the facebook search engine, it will show up on facebook.

Either way, it's still pretty funny.

The WTBTS instructs individual JWs to NOT have Facebook pages, but they can't keep Facebook from creating a page for all the KHs!

It must be driving the control freak GB brothers crazy!!!

• dreamgolfer
    dreamgolfer

LOL!!! ROFLMAO

What a TRIP, I have seen it all!

FB is on the prowl

• jgnat
    jgnat

When I was researching small towns to move to, I checked out the churches in town. No matter how small the town or tiny the congregation, they had a web presence. Excepting the Witnesses, of course.

In deference to my Witness hubby, I picked a town with a Kingdom Hall. It had an address and an operating phone number. Little did I know that the KH had been shut down a year ago and the members consolidated to another congregation 200 kms away. It took us months to find out what happened and to get hubby hooked up. This included "stalking" the Kingdom Hall, multiple phone calls, yadda yadda.

I ran in to a similar problem when visiting a major centre. When I visited my church, hubby wanted to find a congregation of his own to go to. The dearth of information on the internet stymied my iPhone.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit